Home

TheSinner.net

International Break!!

Your opportunity to discuss goings on in the Debating Society, recent debates or any issues you believe are important. Questions or queries can be addressed to the moderator at debates@st-andrews.ac.uk.

International Break!!

Postby Jessica on Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:11 pm

Dear All,

I am proud to annouce that Rachael Whitbread and Chris Harper have just broken 6th at the Amsterdam Open! The final and announcement of final break from semis have yet to be announced!

Updates coming...
Jessica

Re: International Break!!

Postby Ewan on Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:00 am

Updates (Kizzy may have the full tab somewhere but this will help)

Break

1.) Breaking top on 15 (Harish and Tom Hoskins) – 13 pts
2.) Cambridge A (Richard Lau and Jack Watson) – 12 pts
3.) Cambridge B (David Middlemass and Ashleigh) – 12 pts
4.) Jew and Dewar (Max Kasriel and Neil Dewar) – 11 pts
5.) Leela and Kizzy’s bastard offspring (Simoene Van Elk and Ewan) – 11 pts
6.) St Andrews (Rachel and Chris) – 11pts
7.) Cambridge C (Jo Box and Will Davis) – 11pts
8.) Ljubljana A (Bostjan and Speela) – 11pts
(Clean break on 11pts)
Rachel and Chris drew first prop in semi final two against the three Cambridge teams and despite a valiant effort were knocked out on THW remove all restrictions on income inequality – or something like that.

Final
OG – Breaking top on 15
OO – Cambridge C
CG – Cambridge A
CO – Jew and Dewar
Final was won by Jew and Dewar on THBT the EU should recognise the independence of secessionist regions within member states. (again wording may be slightly wrong).
Richard Lau topped the speaker tab, with Rachel 7th and Chris I believe 12th.
Best to all
Ewan
Ewan

Re: International Break!!

Postby Imago on Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:52 pm

Ewan wrote:Updates (Kizzy may have the full tab somewhere but this will help)

Reinier very kindly put scans of the full tab up on his Facebook wall after I asked him for results. I have saved them, but don't know of a way to post from a scan on here. If it's indeed the final version it gives Rachel 6= with Thomas Hosking, Chris 13= with 3 other people and Ewan has modestly omitted his own position at 9= with Neil Dewar.

Also Doug and Daniel Warents for Middle Temple broke top at US Universities in Vermont, with Daniel top on speaks and Doug second - but they were awarded 2nd place in the final to a Harvard team which included a chap who used to be in the USA WSDC team.
Imago

Return to Union Debating Society