Home

TheSinner.net

Polo

Whether it is Sunday league, university or professional sport you are interested in, this is the message board for you. We want your questions, comments, and views.

Polo

Postby merlot on Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:46 pm

Hi,
I was thinking of joining the polo club next year, as I have been riding most of my life (thus would only need instruction on polo-type things, and not riding/horses in general). I was wondering how hard it is for someone of my experience to make the polo team (if there even is one... I have no idea); would I have a shot, being a good rider already, or would I be looked over because of the sheer numbers of incredible polo players that are bound to try out? I was thinking of getting some polo lessons before I come back to uni, but I won't waste the time and money if they won't do me enough good.
merlot

Re:

Postby TheUnixKid on Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:32 pm

go for it. The Polo club is excellent and has a wide range of players of all ability levels and handicaps.

Have a look at their website, it's www.standrewspolo.co.uk. They run lessons every week and you'll be up to scratch in no time.

John
TheUnixKid

Re:

Postby cberry on Mon Sep 11, 2006 1:03 pm

There have been quite a few posts on the Polo Club in the University Sports thread on the Freshers Board.

http://www.thesinner.net/mb/Main/freshers/25143

Maybe some of your questions are answered there?

Regards,
Chris
AU President
cberry

Return to Sport (Athletic Union)