Home

TheSinner.net

Polo?

Whether it is Sunday league, university or professional sport you are interested in, this is the message board for you. We want your questions, comments, and views.

Polo?

Postby Samantha on Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:01 pm

Hello, just wondering if anybody has information about the polo team? I couldn't find information on the uni site. If anyone could tell me practice locations, times, how many tournaments there are, etc, I would much appreciate it.

Also, if not polo, can somebody tell me about the riding team? Thank you :)
Samantha

Polo Club

Postby Sam Crooks on Mon Jul 21, 2003 1:11 pm

The University of St Andrews does haev a Polo team. For more details please visit

http://www.sapc.netfirms.com/

For further information, please contact Sam Crooks, AU President (aupres@st-and.ac.uk) or Sport St Andrews Editor/Communications Officer, Farid Bakri (faridbakri@hotmail.com)
Sam Crooks

Re:

Postby Guest on Wed Jul 23, 2003 12:08 am

[s]Unregisted User Samantha wrote on 21:51, 10th Jul 2003:
Hello, just wondering if anybody has information about the polo team? I couldn't find information on the uni site. If anyone could tell me practice locations, times, how many tournaments there are, etc, I would much appreciate it.

Also, if not polo, can somebody tell me about the riding team? Thank you :)

Hi Samantha,

We practice in Dundee/Perth Polo Club and in different locations around St Andrews during term. In our website you will find more info about our activities such as beach barbecues, tournaments, training, ball and so on. You can also look at pictures from our different events and members.

Click on the link:

http://www.sapc.netfirms.com

Or look at AU website, our club is linked as well.

See you soon.

Re:

Postby emil on Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:01 pm

do you have to have your own horse to join? or can you rent/borrow one?
emil

Some requirements to play POLO at St Andrews

Postby Guest on Mon Aug 11, 2003 4:33 pm

Hello

You don't need to have your own horse at St Andrews to join as we ride in different stables. Also we practice on wooden horse and bikes on the beach as part of our training program for any horse rider level (beginners, novice, intermediate, advanced). Fees depends on where we go to practice or compete. Even though will be a plus if you bring your polo ponies to practice more frequently. There are many options for livery in different stables around St Andrews, if you need help or more questions please contact us in our website.

We are looking for excellent riders to compete in tournaments next year. As active member you will enjoy different social activities and an international friendly atmosphere.

Click on:

http://www.sapc.netfirms.com

crap

Postby dan greenberg on Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:51 pm

and i thought you were talking about the water variety, highly recommended - i think we have much cooler uniforms (and sexier).
dan greenberg

Hi

Postby polo_lover on Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:10 pm

Who all replied on this thread.....
Do you all play polo ?
Or if you can help me can you email me on sweet_gal_114@hotmail.com

Bye
polo_lover

Return to Sport (Athletic Union)