Home

TheSinner.net

Water Polo!!!

Whether it is Sunday league, university or professional sport you are interested in, this is the message board for you. We want your questions, comments, and views.

Water Polo!!!

Postby Katie0990 on Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:00 pm

I'm an American applying for the class of 2008 at St. Andrews, and I've been playing water polo at Varsity level for three years. I was just curious, how tough is it to make the womens water polo team at St. Andrews? Is it extremely competitive? I would love to be on both the swimming and water polo team, but I don't know if I'm good enough to make either teams....Any thoughts or comments from members of the water polo team would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Katie0990

Re:

Postby dan greenberg on Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:28 pm

Katie, don't fret yourself. I played JV polo and swam JV at Exeter and am on the mens' team. Sport here is a little different than back home, don't expect too much competition, but start training for the pint arm curl. I think you'll be fine, what school did you play for?
dan greenberg

Re:

Postby Sporty_gal on Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:26 pm

[s]dan greenberg wrote on 17:28, 17th Dec 2003:
Katie, don't fret yourself. I played JV polo and swam JV at Exeter and am on the mens' team. Sport here is a little different than back home, don't expect too much competition, but start training for the pint arm curl. I think you'll be fine, what school did you play for?

Dan Greenberg.........do you have an email address ?

Bye
Sporty_gal

What a small world.......

Postby Katie0990 on Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:26 pm

Hahaha I go to Exeter also, this is Katie Hammond. I think we might have met a few times.......I'm a day student. I was on JV girls swimming last year and on Varsity Water Polo. How are you liking St. Andrews? I sent in my application a little while ago, and I really want to go!!!!! How are the classes and everything, I'm so curious! But it's really funny how a fellow Exonian responded to this post. If you want to, email me at my exeter email: khammond@exeter.edu. Thanks Dan!
Katie0990

Re:

Postby dan greenberg on Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:20 pm

haha, i remember you. yeah, i found this site when i was applying to st. andrew's too! it was pretty funny.

but i'm in the middle of packing up to go home now, but i'll e-mail you when i touch down state-side again. as for my e-mail, well, you'll have it when i e-mail you, but it's
dcg3@st-andrews.ac.uk
dan greenberg

Return to Sport (Athletic Union)