Home

TheSinner.net

Cristiano Ronaldo's socks

Whether it is Sunday league, university or professional sport you are interested in, this is the message board for you. We want your questions, comments, and views.

Cristiano Ronaldo's socks

Postby Cain on Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:43 pm

IMAGE:www.asahi-net.or.jp/~zz5y-imt/ronaldo/701.JPG

Does anybody know what the deal is with the white bits he always wears above his boots?

He wore them before he signed for united as well. Any suggestions and speculation will be gratefully received
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby andrewdalgleish on Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:50 pm

it's tape, most likely for protecting his ankles. i wear tape on mine when i run so it makes it harder to twist my ankles if my foot lands badly. although the tape doesn't seem to go into his shoe, so maybe its something to do with blood circulation? i noticed that Barcelona's keeper last night was doing the same thing.
andrewdalgleish

Re:

Postby Guest on Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:45 pm

Some people like wearing tape as it holds up your shin guard and stops it from slipping down against your boot. This is the reason I think he wears the tape round his socks.

Re:

Postby andrewdalgleish on Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:39 pm

[s]Unregisted User wrote on 14:39, 20th Mar 2004:
Some people like wearing tape as it holds up your shin guard and stops it from slipping down against your boot. This is the reason I think he wears the tape round his socks.

ah, that makes sense considering where the tape is!
andrewdalgleish

sir Tufton selects:

Postby Guest on Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:49 pm

He's crap. Got one move: a feint/dummy kinda thing where he drags his foot over the ball once before moving in the other direction.

It's like the stuff kids do in the playground, and next season Premiership defenders are going to be wise to it. A dozen goals, if he's lucky.

A few hefty tackles coming his way, too.

c.ronaldo

Postby Guest on Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:59 pm

he is so... fine!!!! i think he played really well yesterday!!!! i hope he comes my way soon!!!!

Re:

Postby mossop on Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:59 pm

[s]Unregisted User wrote on 18:34, 8th Jun 2004:
He's crap. Got one move: a feint/dummy kinda thing where he drags his foot over the ball once before moving in the other direction.

Having watched him in Euro 2004, I'd have to disagree with this. At the start of last season, I'd have agreed with you, but I think Alex Ferguson has started to get through to him and he is becoming a much improved player. He seems to be learning from his mistakes and is actually (shock horror) passing the ball to his teammates. I think he's going to be a very good player in the future. He still has to grow up a bit though.

[hr]
IMAGE:www.stuord.demon.co.uk/justlarge.gif
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a crate. Coincidence? I think not.
mossop

Re:

Postby Guest on Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:40 am

sir alex is not fooled by little step overs and quick moves. he obviously sees much more in ronaldo's game, and, being one of the best coaches in the world/ever, i think he's probably right.

cristiano ronaldo's socks

Postby Guest on Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:41 am

ronaldo wears the tape to keep his shin pads in place and also because when he's playing football its makes his feet feel quicker and more skillful in other words its also to do with superstition.

Re:

Postby aint saying any hing on Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:59 am

[s]Cain wrote on 23:43, 11th Mar 2004:

Does anybody know what the deal is with the white bits he always wears above his boots?

He wore them before he signed for united as well. Any suggestions and speculation will be gratefully received
aint saying any hing

Re:

Postby this is true i aint bull shittin on Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:01 pm

there is a sock thing you usally get at the bottom of ur shinpads but if u prefer slip ins like me i can some times get really annoying if they keep slipping down during a game so what i did was look on the net for a wee while till i found these things called ankle gaurds. there just like the things that are usally attached to the bottom of shinpads but u wear them over ur socks and aswell as keeping up your shinpads they protect ur ankles big white things
really smart worn by c.ronaldo

i play for the amazing and crap
st. andrews colts
play at tom morris drive next to somerfeild
st andrews scotland

ps. fife is a shit hole dundee+australia place to be i was born down under and proud
this is true i aint bull shittin

cristiano ronaldo's tape

Postby bowler on Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:39 pm

cristianos favourite player is diego maradona, and diego used 2 wear the ankle socks with lots of tape.
bowler

Cristiano

Postby Guest on Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:04 pm

He has the potential to be one of the greatest players ever, arsenal fans: look at weep at the future of football, as u see the filthy frenchmen fade to nothing.

Before anyone comes back at this...
Arsenal 2 - 4 Man Utd

Don't even bother saying it should have been a draw. We're just better tactically... and technically.

All without RVN

Re:

Postby cristianoronaldono1 on Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:45 pm

It is tape that Cristiano Ronaldo wears on his ankles and it is to support them while playing football, it tells you on his website, alot of football players do this.
cristianoronaldono1

Re:

Postby cristianoronaldono1 on Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:45 pm

It is tape that Cristiano Ronaldo wears on his ankles and it is to support them while playing football, it tells you on his website, alot of football players do this.
cristianoronaldono1

Re:

Postby Guest on Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:46 pm

I've heard it is so he can chase women and run away from the 5-o's that little bit faster!

Re:

Postby The_Guvnor on Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:15 pm

Ronaldo wears white (soft) athletic socks with the team socks over the top. What he does is to cut the foot part off the team sock and just wears the top half of it over his shin pads/shin/calf.

So, he has the white athletic sock cover ing his foot and the team sock covering his shin pan/shin/calf, joined together with white tape.

How do I know?....I watched him change his undersocks on the touchline, right in front of me when 'them' played Oxford Utd in a friendly.
The_Guvnor

socks!!!!!

Postby Guest on Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:12 pm

Quoting cristianoronaldono1 from 12:56, 17th May 2005

its nothing you've said its his white nike socks he wears over his footy socks to keep his shinnyz up

Re:

Postby max on Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:13 pm

he wears his socks as when he was a kid he admired diego maradona (who also wore a lot of tape) and he wears all that tape to be like him. also i wear tape to support my ankles and to keep my shinpads up.
Quoting Cain from 22:43, 11th Mar 2004

max

Re:

Postby c ronaldo on Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:13 pm

Quoting Cain from 22:43, 11th Mar 2004

it is a double strap ankle support to reduce the risk of injury
c ronaldo

Next

Return to Sport (Athletic Union)