Home

TheSinner.net

Looking to take up a sport in freshers week?

Whether it is Sunday league, university or professional sport you are interested in, this is the message board for you. We want your questions, comments, and views.

Looking to take up a sport in freshers week?

Postby munchingfoo on Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:33 pm

The Judo club is actively seeking new members. It's fun, easy, and very few people take it seriously (although if you are up for taking it seriously, im sure Arron would be happy to obligue(SP?))

We always finish a session by going to the pub for those that like a tipple and we are a very sociable club.

So if you are looking to meet new people, learn a little self defense, or are really interested in learning a martial art come along to the sports fair in freshers week and have a chat with us.
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Cain on Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:54 pm

i would recommend it - i did the fresher's taster last year and had a good time.

I would have carried it on, but i couldn't realistically play hockey twice a week and get thrown about as well.

they seemed like a good bunch.

[hr]
I will diminish, and go into fourth year, and remain Cain
I hold an element of surprise
Cain

Re:

Postby swissemily on Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:16 pm

I was going to come along to the judo sessions at the beginning of last year but then found that they clashed with football trainings, which was a shame because I was quite keen.
Are the times likely to be the same this year??
swissemily

Re:

Postby quarterstaff on Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:16 pm

the training times are:

5-6.30 on tuesdays,

and

1-4 on saturdays.

we are looking into having a third session sometime somewhere, but nothing is decided as yet.

hope to see you all there!
god damned mongolians!
quarterstaff

Questions

Postby Chain Mailer on Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:50 pm

Exactly how much throwing around is there? What are the warm up seshs like? Is it one of those ones where you're split into pairs? Or is it like sychronized 'ha' 'yah' 'wahhh' kinda things?
Oh yeah, and where is it?

[hr]
It's not me! Why does everyone always think its personnal!
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious
Chain Mailer

Re:

Postby quarterstaff on Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:21 pm

[s]Chain Mailer wrote on 15:50, 13th Aug 2004:
Exactly how much throwing around is there? What are the warm up seshs like? Is it one of those ones where you're split into pairs? Or is it like sychronized 'ha' 'yah' 'wahhh' kinda things?
Oh yeah, and where is it?

[hr]

to be honest the only way to knwo is to come along to the "have a go" sessions... most clubs have these, sometime during freshers week or the following week.

for synchronised punching of air (kata) the most suitable for you if thats your thing is karate or tai chi.

judo is at the above times and is in the sports hall, yes, "all" the way out by uni hall.

to see some advanced judo, i recommend the very good website - www.judoinfo.com

to find out what we actually do on a biweekly basis, come and try it!
god damned mongolians!
quarterstaff

Return to Sport (Athletic Union)