Home

TheSinner.net

Canoeing

Whether it is Sunday league, university or professional sport you are interested in, this is the message board for you. We want your questions, comments, and views.

Canoeing

Postby hi on Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:56 am

Hi I'm coming up to St Andrews to start my first year next month and just want to find out a few things about the canoe club.

What gear will I need to provide? Do you just wear swimming costumes in the pool? Do I need to bring my own wet suit?

How often do you go out on the sea/river and do you do trips elsewhere?

Thanks in advance!
hi

Re:

Postby AU Pres on Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:27 am

[s]Unregisted User hi wrote on 22:26, 17th Aug 2004:
Hi I'm coming up to St Andrews to start my first year next month and just want to find out a few things about the canoe club.

What gear will I need to provide? Do you just wear swimming costumes in the pool? Do I need to bring my own wet suit?

Thanks in advance!
AU Pres

Re:

Postby AU Pres on Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:30 am

The AU Sports Fayre (that is the athletic union!) is on Saturday the 25th September. The Canoe club have a table at that so if you go along then you will be able to meet the committee and ask all the questions in the world!
AU Pres

Re:

Postby Buffy on Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:15 pm

I'm not a canoe club memeber, but they used to practice right before or after water polo, so I've seen them a few times, and people usually just wore swim suits when they practiced at St Leo's.
Buffy

Re:

Postby Simon Atkins on Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:23 pm

[/i]

The club has gear but early in the year it will be in high demand so it is worth bringing your own if you have any. The sesions are as follows:
Monday night St Leonards pool
Wednesday Afternoon Sea (surf session)
Thursday night St Leonards pool
Weekends river trips

At the begining all pool sesions will be beginers sessions but as term moves on and more people are up to speed then there will be one training and one polo sesion. The frequency of river trips depends completely on demand and avaibility of competent members (Pilipa, Dave etc) for saftey reasons.

Personally I would highly recomend this club, fantastic fun.
Simon Atkins

Re:

Postby cberry on Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:33 am

I don't canoe, but being a sailor I notice that you guys seem to start enjoying the surf right when it gets big enough for us to completely wipe out!
cberry

Re:

Postby Guest on Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:01 pm

[s]Buffy wrote on 17:15, 31st Aug 2004:
I'm not a canoe club memeber, but they used to practice right before or after water polo, so I've seen them a few times, and people usually just wore swim suits when they practiced at St Leo's.

I was in the club last year!!!we just wore swimsuits(or in my case swimsuit and a T-shirt.lol) its quite good fun but make sure you go with some friends:-) Everyone seemend to make their own groups pretty quickly and you may feel left out. It is great fun though

Return to Sport (Athletic Union)