Home

TheSinner.net

Cheerleading Squad!

Whether it is Sunday league, university or professional sport you are interested in, this is the message board for you. We want your questions, comments, and views.

Cheerleading Squad!

Postby avm on Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:26 am

It has come to my attention that there is no cheerleading squad at St Andrews, but other uni's have them - so we're letting ourselves down! If no one else does I may have to start one (not that I've done any cheerleading before)... any interest please contact avm@st-and... or ill1@st-and... Thank you!
avm

Re:

Postby José Jimenez on Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:51 pm

Quoting avm from 13:51, 18th Sep 2004
It has come to my attention that there is no cheerleading squad at St Andrews, but other uni's have them - so we're letting ourselves down! If no one else does I may have to start one (not that I've done any cheerleading before)... any interest please contact avm@st-and... or ill1@st-and... Thank you!

I support this idea completely, but I think you are going to have trouble finding:

a. a coach
b. interested people
c. interest from the AU

The way I see it, you have to have some kind of University mascot, agreed upon by the AU (or the University for that matter), as well as official school colors for the uniforms (and unforms, period). If you are looking to do routines with tumbling you are going to need gymnastics experience or a good coach.
Further, I doubt that the AU, an already fairly ineffectual body as it is, will ever entertain a debate on this. It will also probably be seen as "too American". However, I am in charge of a sports club here, and if you wanted to do a group routine at a home match, it would be greatly appreciated. E-mail me on cubix@optonline.net.

It was pretty sweet when the cheerleaders came out in support for us at home, even though ours weren't very good (I'm American as you may have guessed). It added a lot to the atmoshphere. Not to malign the sports clubs/teams here, but I think we could use as much cheering as we can get.
[i:14sl8z47][s]"Ooh Megatron!" -Carry On Transformers[/s][/i:14sl8z47]
José Jimenez

Re:

Postby José Jimenez on Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:52 pm

Quoting avm from 13:51, 18th Sep 2004

I support this idea completely, but I think you are going to have trouble finding:

a. a coach
b. interested people
c. interest from the AU

The way I see it, you have to have some kind of University mascot, agreed upon by the AU (or the University for that matter), as well as official school colors for the uniforms (and unforms, period). If you are looking to do routines with tumbling you are going to need gymnastics experience or a good coach.
Further, I doubt that the AU, an already fairly ineffectual body as it is, will ever entertain a debate on this. It will also probably be seen as "too American". However, I am in charge of a sports club here, and if you wanted to do a group routine at a home match, it would be greatly appreciated. E-mail me on cubix@optonline.net.

It was pretty sweet when the cheerleaders came out in support for us at home, even though ours weren't very good (I'm American as you may have guessed). It added a lot to the atmoshphere. Not to malign the sports clubs/teams here, but I think we could use as much cheering we can get.
[i:14sl8z47][s]"Ooh Megatron!" -Carry On Transformers[/s][/i:14sl8z47]
José Jimenez

Re:

Postby miss on Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:46 pm

Hi, I would love 2 b a cheerleader 2!! altho I hav never done it b4. Im quite small so can b chucked around if that helps. im only a 1st yr startin in sept, but if u want any help just reply 2 this and i can give u my email x
miss

oh my gosh yes

Postby layla on Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:48 pm

hi! so i'm in my junior year at st mary's in portland, oregon and i'm hoping to go to st. andrews for college. since my school is all girls, i haven't had the opportunity to cheer. so one of the things i looked at for sports was cheer and there was none at st. andrews! what i'm trying to say is if you start a squad, i would DEFINITELY join and try to get as many other girls to join too!

good luck! i've always wanted to cheer! i just think it's so positive and fun. seriously, good luck do your best and don't give up!
layla

Come along!

Postby DMC on Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:00 pm

If you want to come and support someone and cheer. The football team have a home match tomorrow against De Montfort University and we want to try and get as many people along as possible.

It is at the St Leonards Road Pitches near Uni hall and the Uni sports Centre. A 2pm kick off.

Hopefully all the people that wanted to take part in the cheerleading squad come along.
DMC

Return to Sport (Athletic Union)