Home

TheSinner.net

Shakespeare

For the discussion, promotion and review of any and all theatre in St Andrews - student, amateur or professional. Mermaids (the University's theatre funding body) would like to hear any suggestions or criticism you may have about how to improve drama and the performing arts in student life.

Shakespeare

Postby Guest on Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:08 pm

Rather random question, but does anyone know if there will be any Shakespeare put on at all? And if so when, what, and where? Especially looking for some nice beginner-friendly production...

Re:

Postby Bryn on Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:27 pm

Shakespeare is always put on in this town. Constantly. At least two Shakespeare plays a year, if not more. I don't think you'll have a problem if this is what you're looking for.

Personally, I think it's rather boring that there's so little variety.

[hr]http://bryn.ipfox.com
Bryn

Re:

Postby Sabina on Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:03 pm

[s]Unregisted User wrote on 22:04, 27th Oct 2004:
Rather random question, but does anyone know if there will be any Shakespeare put on at all? And if so when, what, and where? Especially looking for some nice beginner-friendly production...

Would anyone be intirested in a production of Much Ado About Nothing??? its one of my fav's and I've been absoloutly DIEING to direct it for AGES!
let me know!
Sabina

Re:

Postby Guest on Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:03 pm

[s]Unregisted User wrote on 22:04, 27th Oct 2004:

Next year if all goes well i was hoping to do a production of Titus Andronicus. its one of shakespears more violent, and depressing plays, i think it would be something worth trying... hopefully i can get it off the ground, i've never actually directed anything... but i'm gonna try!

Re:

Postby Maidmarion on Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:35 pm

[s]Unregisted User Sabina wrote on 02:07, 28th Jan 2005:
[s]Unregisted User wrote on 22:04, 27th Oct 2004:[i]

Would anyone be intirested in a production of Much Ado About Nothing??? its one of my fav's and I've been absoloutly DIEING to direct it for AGES!
let me know!
[/i]
Maidmarion

Re:

Postby Preacher's Kid on Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:39 pm

Titus would be pretty cool if you pumped up the campiness and style. Seen the movie?
All the truth in the world adds up to one big lie.
Preacher's Kid

Re:

Postby la Bianca on Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:47 pm

Hey!

Much Ado's one of my faves, that would be awesome! I'd love to be involved.
la Bianca

Re:

Postby Malkier on Wed May 11, 2005 12:43 pm

ditto, Much ado about Nothing

[hr]

Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
Thought begets Heresy; Heresy begets retribution.
Malkier

Return to Performing Arts (Mermaids)