Home

TheSinner.net

Two

For the discussion, promotion and review of any and all theatre in St Andrews - student, amateur or professional. Mermaids (the University's theatre funding body) would like to hear any suggestions or criticism you may have about how to improve drama and the performing arts in student life.

Two

Postby Han on Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:13 pm

Hi

I'm currently producing the freshers' play and I'm in 'Our Town' (which you all have to come and see) but I've been thinking quite a bit lately about future projects I'd like to act in/direct.

In particular I'd like to reprise a role in 'Two' by Jim Cartwright - previously I only played the Landlady and Old woman since we had a cast of four...but I would like to perform it as was written with just the two actors.

So basically, if anyone's interested in pursuing the production at some point either next semester or possibly next year, let me know - ideally we'd perform it in a studio theatre and need a director, producer, stage manager etc...tbh I'd love to direct it with a full ensemble version as well but can't have everything lol...decisions decisions!

Anyway, let me know if you're interested...(hmd6)

Han
x
Han

Re:

Postby indigo on Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:43 pm

[s]Han wrote on 22:13, 1st Nov 2004:
Hi

I'm currently producing the freshers' play and I'm in 'Our Town' (which you all have to come and see) but I've been thinking quite a bit lately about future projects I'd like to act in/direct.

In particular I'd like to reprise a role in 'Two' by Jim Cartwright - previously I only played the Landlady and Old woman since we had a cast of four...but I would like to perform it as was written with just the two actors.

So basically, if anyone's interested in pursuing the production at some point either next semester or possibly next year, let me know - ideally we'd perform it in a studio theatre and need a director, producer, stage manager etc...tbh I'd love to direct it with a full ensemble version as well but can't have everything lol...decisions decisions!

Anyway, let me know if you're interested...(hmd6)

Han
x

Just a heads up, if its pre-cast (i.e. you reprising your role), you won't get funding from mermaids.

I'm not sure if thats what you were suggesting or not, but just thought I'd let you know.

The best way to get aspiring actors and directors etc is through mermaids. Drop them an email, and they'll send it out in their email, which goes to pretty much all the thespy sorts in st andrews.
indigo

Return to Performing Arts (Mermaids)