Home

TheSinner.net

Candlemas Semester plays/auditions

For the discussion, promotion and review of any and all theatre in St Andrews - student, amateur or professional. Mermaids (the University's theatre funding body) would like to hear any suggestions or criticism you may have about how to improve drama and the performing arts in student life.

Candlemas Semester plays/auditions

Postby immunodiffusion on Wed Nov 13, 2002 9:18 pm

What plays are being planned for next semester, and when will the auditions for them start?

Thanks.
immunodiffusion

Auditions

Postby Ben Spiers on Thu Nov 14, 2002 9:10 pm

As far as we know, the next few auditions are:

"Othello" by William Shakespeare has its last auditions on Friday 15th November (i.e. tomorrow!) 4-5 in the TV Room.

"The Vagina Monologues" by Eve Ensler will audition in the next couple of weeks.

"Sweeney Todd: the Demon Barber of Fleet Street" by Stephen Sondheim is auditioning in the next fortnight. Keep an eye out for posters!

The Gilbert & Sullivan Society will audition for "The Sorceror" at the beginning of next term.

I'll post other stuff as it crops up.

[hr]Mermaids doesn't put on plays; we fund them.
Ben Spiers

Re:

Postby immunodiffusion on Fri Nov 15, 2002 5:53 pm

Thanks for that! How do I find out in general when auditions are (other than posting on this message board?) And do you normally need to prepare a speech, song, etc in advance for auditions in St Andrews, or do you just turn up?
immunodiffusion

Notice Board

Postby Ben Spiers on Sat Nov 16, 2002 9:22 pm

All auditions are posted on the Drama Noticeboard on the top floor of the Students Association (next to the Salad Bowl). Some nice people also put a poster on the Library Drama Noticeboard (on the left as you go in to the lobby).

Not many plays require preparation - they normally leave speeches outside for you to spend some time looking over. Musicals generally ask you to prepare a song, but not a speech. If in doubt, call the director and ask - the number is always at the bottom of the poster.
Ben Spiers

Return to Performing Arts (Mermaids)