Home

TheSinner.net

dates and breaks and travel

For general discussion of postgraduate matters.

dates and breaks and travel

Postby novium on Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:13 am

as I sort of need to buy airfare sooner rather than later, and I can't seem to get any good info on this, I am posting here for advice.

How does the (taught) postgrad year compare to say, the undergrad year? The thing is, roundtrip tickets are cheaper for me, but at the same time I can only delay the return for so long. So when would be the times to do those? For example, how about around christmas? when's a good time to leave? how about coming back (although that is not quite as important as I can put that part off). Or, as christmas might not be a possibility, how about around easter? I knew a postgrad who had to go on some class trip during that period...is that normal?

I'd be doing an MLitt in ancient history, but any advice would be appreciated.

[hr]

sed tamen ira procul absit, cum qua nihil recte fieri, nihil considerate potest.
Neither the storms of crisis, nor the breezes of ambition could ever divert him, either by hope or by fear, from the course that he had chosen
novium

Re:

Postby Rilla on Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:55 am

As far as I know (and I'm not entirely sure), the taught pg courses follow the same schedule teaching wise as undergrad courses. So usually going home for christmas around dec 20th or whatever that friday is, then off til mid feb (im assuming you won't have any exams).

[hr]

Be good to yourself because nobody else has the power to make you happy.
Rilla

Re:

Postby novium on Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:59 pm

do postgrads not have exams?
Quoting Rilla from 11:55, 4th Jul 2006
As far as I know (and I'm not entirely sure), the taught pg courses follow the same schedule teaching wise as undergrad courses. So usually going home for christmas around dec 20th or whatever that friday is, then off til mid feb (im assuming you won't have any exams).

[hr]

[hr]

sed tamen ira procul absit, cum qua nihil recte fieri, nihil considerate potest.
Neither the storms of crisis, nor the breezes of ambition could ever divert him, either by hope or by fear, from the course that he had chosen
novium

Re:

Postby Rilla on Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:26 am

Some do and some don't.
I don't know anything about ancient history, so best find out from someone that does if you'll have them or not!

[hr]

Rilla

Return to Postgraduates