Home

TheSinner.net

matriculation and advising

For general discussion of postgraduate matters.

matriculation and advising

Postby novium on Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:08 am

Anyone have a vague idea of how the schedule works for these things? It there a tight schedule? According to the thing I got in the mail a few weeks ago, I am arriving after the second day of postgrad matriculation (or was it advising? I don't remember...), and I don't know if this is going to make things complicated or not.

[hr]

tamen ira procul absit, cum qua nihil recte fieri, nihil considerate potest.
Neither the storms of crisis, nor the breezes of ambition could ever divert him, either by hope or by fear, from the course that he had chosen
novium

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:16 pm

As far as I can see (although my matriculation is going anytihng but smoothly considering I started on 1st Aug ad I still haven't got my sipend or my matric card) postgrad matriculation is something which is just done between your supervisor and yourself. The only other contact with the uni is by post/letter. As such I shouldn't see a problem with arriving then.

[hr]

Tired Freudian references aside - your mother played my mighty skin flute like a surf crowned sea nymph trying to rouse Poseidon from his watery slumber!
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Return to Postgraduates