Home

TheSinner.net

postgrad accom 06/07

For general discussion of postgraduate matters.

postgrad accom 06/07

Postby jojo on Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:42 pm

anybody else know if they're going to be rooming in Gannochy next year?
jojo

Re:

Postby Ryan on Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:58 am

Quoting jojo from 15:49, 11th Aug 2007
anybody else know if they're going to be rooming in Gannochy next year?

I will be. Anyone have recommendations / comments / stories? Anything to amuse me while I sit here pretending to work will be appreciated. ;)
Ryan

Re:

Postby jojo on Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:09 pm

nope, will be coming to st andrews for the first time so no stories to share..yet!
jojo

Re:

Postby jonzo on Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:09 pm

i will be there, anyone else?
jonzo

Re:

Postby mondobongo on Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:47 pm

is living in fife park as grim as it seems so far?
mondobongo

Re:

Postby lauremw on Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:44 pm

I lived in Gannochy from 2004-2006, room 10, (though have lived in a flat since) - and honestly it's not as grim as the outside of the building looks. ;) I have many fond memories of the place, save for the fire alarms at 3am. haha. It can be a very social place if you want it to be - knock on doors, hang out in the common room/kitchens, etc. And definitely venture out from your part of the building: when I lived there, there was a very noticeable divide between the one side and the other.

Do you have a hall committee this year? :? If so you'll probably see a fair few social events throughout the year (the Halloween, Christmas, and Chinese New Year parties were particularly memorable...). If not, talk to the subwarden or warden to find out where the committee stuff has gone (and if all else fails contact me - I was treasurer for 2005-06), you should have a hall budget paid for by subs.

Enjoy Gannochy and St Andrews!

[hr]

~*~*~*~
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." ~ Anais Nin
~*~*~*~
"Don't think dear, just do". - George Balanchine
lauremw

Return to Postgraduates