Home

TheSinner.net

Housing (Transfer)

For general discussion of postgraduate matters.

Housing (Transfer)

Postby WTom on Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:40 pm

Hello everyone!

I'll be in St. Andrews starting this fall for an M.Litt in ISS. I've been placed in DRA, but to be rather curt, its expensive and far away. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with transferring? I am hoping to transfer to Dean's Court to ease my financial, food, and bedding burden.

Long story short, my financial situation is such that without a transfer, I'm not sure I can pay my way and attend this fall (desperate times, desperate measures).

Any and all advice would be appreciated, especially for an American used to the humid Southeastern US, and not Scottish winters.

Have a good one, and thanks in advance!

-Thomas
WTom

Re: Housing (Transfer)

Postby ELysistrata on Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:31 pm

Sadly, I think you'll find it hard to transfer into Dean's Court, everyone wants to live there because it's central. It's likely to be months before there'll be a space available. Have you considered Gannochy? It's also cheaper than DRA, but self-catering. There isn't much advice to give you, because everything in St Andrews is expensive and scarce :(
ELysistrata

Re: Housing (Transfer)

Postby nofish on Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:24 pm

To live in Gannochy is good idea if you are looking for a cheap accomadation from the university. But it's self catering and sharing bathrooms. And the room may be cold at night.
nofish

Return to Postgraduates