Home

TheSinner.net

Looking for a band?

Looking for a band?

Postby em33 on Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:46 pm

Heya

I'm a singer (female) looking for a band to sing with. Not fussed bout whether its established already or one from scratch.

To start from scratch im looking for:

2 guitarists
1 bassist
1 drummer
possibly keyboard player.

I havnt got much of an idea in term of the music but give me a tune and im pretty good with writing the lyrics and i can carry a tune pretty well.

Music style im looking for is indie/punk/new wave along the lines of blondie, the ramones, ida maria, rolling stones and the killers with a dash of no doubt for good measure.
em33

Re:

Postby AliceChalliner on Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:21 am

Are you a new freshers then? (i assume so, posting in the "new students!" forum....)

Come along to Lyric Writing workshop and/or "100% Handmade Music" Open mic on Wednesday 24th (details will be in your freshers book)...it's basically gonna be less about lyric writing and more about gathering all the musical people together so they can meet each other!

I'm head of Musfund (Music Fund Sub-committee), and Musfund is all about getting st andrews musicians together, giving them a chance to jam, to perform, to record, and to come watch other bands. Once freshers week is done with we'll be setting up a musicians directory on our website www.yourunion.net/musfund and we'll happily put you on it!

In the mean time - try posting this on the "Musfund" forum. I know a few good guitarists at least that use it.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do/answer for you!

Hopefully see you a freshers!!

xAlice Challiner
SSC Music Officer
AliceChalliner

Re:

Postby AliceChalliner on Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:21 am

ooo...my email if you want it - musfund@st-andrews.ac.uk
AliceChalliner

Re: Looking for a band?

Postby eiken on Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:03 am

em33 wrote:Heya

I'm a singer (female) looking for a band to sing with. Not fussed bout whether its established already or one from scratch.

To start from scratch im looking for:

2 guitarists
1 bassist
1 drummer
possibly keyboard player.

I havnt got much of an idea in term of the music but give me a tune and im pretty good with writing the lyrics and i can carry a tune pretty well.

Music style im looking for is indie/punk/new wave along the lines of blondie, the ramones, ida maria, rolling stones and the killers with a dash of no doubt for good measure.

sounds good.
i'm a third year guy who could play rhythm guitar, although my pride and joy is currently in for repairs...
have you had any success so far?
eiken

Postby Metallica_rocks on Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:38 pm

Hi, Im a first year looking for a band to play with. I play bass and own my own acoustic bass. You had any luck putting together a band at all? If so im interested. Just looking for a band to play with for kicks at the minute, nothing too serious. Anyway, if your interested my name is Marc and my e-mail is mh469@st-andrews.ac.uk.

Marc x
Metallica_rocks

Postby Conor Mckeown on Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:10 am

Hey there,

I'm a guitarist and singer and am dying to get a band going. Dying. Give us an e-mail and maybe we can get a jam going possibly with the acoustic bass player above???

cpm32 (webmail)

Thanks very much
Conor Mckeown

Postby Eiken on Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:45 pm

Any drummers out there?

Seems that's two guitarists, two vocalists, a bass player...

Almost a band!
Eiken

Postby Delts on Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:10 pm

Why do people seem to be ignoring this thread?: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=27717
If you do physics, panic.
Delts

Postby Fawksie on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:42 pm

Delts wrote:Why do people seem to be ignoring this thread?: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=27717

Made it sticky, I have. Moved this thread to Musfund, I have.
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Postby Delts on Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:28 pm

Thanks Fawksie :D
If you do physics, panic.
Delts

Postby Eiken on Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:41 am

Delts wrote:Thanks Fawksie :D

Jeez, trust you to get all antsy about correct sinner etiquette Chris...
:mrgreen:
“Procrastination is like masturbation; in the end you're just screwing yourself.”
Eiken

Postby Spaceballs on Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:46 am

I could drum for you if you're still looking. I am partial to a bit of blondie!
Spaceballs

Postby Guest on Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:26 pm

I'm a drummer looking for some people to Jam with. I play a wide range of things, alt to melodic metal :) Though I don't have a kit with me.

Return to Musfund