Home

TheSinner.net

what's going on?

For constructive criticism and ideas about St Andrews' spoof newspaper. All views expressed inside the rooms are those of individuals and do not reflect the society as a whole

what's going on?

Postby thePontificator on Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:32 pm

For the Fresher's week issue, we will be giving out a 4-page paper, mainly with introductions to the society for freshers and other people new to our world. it will have some elements of a normal issue like headlets, spoof headlines and a doubledykes road, plus biographies of all our fictional staff writers but mainly it's of an explanatory nature.

what we will also have on our stall are a4 posters of a composite image of our logo made up of some random quotes from all our issues. ever. it's a bit of a mindfuck piecing it all together but there should be plenty of those to go around for people to take home with them and tide them over till the next issue proper is out.

this is making me sound like a dealer.

Our website is almost ready. Oli's obviously busy as a whore in a nunnery at the moment but the design has been done to look like a standard chihuahua front page with links to all the past issues we can find. The web address will be affiliated with the www.yourunion.net website and will contain new material by the end of the year.

In other news we hope to expand to 12 pages some time this academic year, with 2 pages or so of genuine adverts, and to get ourselves a sponsor. The only other way we can expand the magazine is to start charging for it, and the one moral we do have here is that the magazine is free. Mainly because the 'free' logo fills up the corner of the front page nicely.

And hopefully by the end of the year we will have either recorded a collection of comedy sketches to be given away with the cd or have taken them to next year's Edinburgh Fringe Festival. This would be a massive undertaking for us so we would love to have some sort of lasting achievement to embarass our grandchildren with.

And of course, please send your articles in for us to look at. Thanks to the person who did so last week and i look forward to hearing from you again.

it is late, and I am 0.002% more irradiated.

El chihuahua

[hr]

'I bet you a florin that the chap will turn out guilty.'
'I bet you a dubloon that you win that bet.'
thePontificator

Return to Chihuahua - spoof newspaper