Home

TheSinner.net

Stand up advice?

Comedy Soc - for comedy and fun.

Stand up advice?

Postby amature123123 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:55 pm

Hello Comedysoc,

so I was thinking of trying out some stand up. However I wanted a 'veteran' to judge whether I would at all be suitable.
At most it should take 30 mins or so.
Any help is appreciated...

I'll check this board & email the person,

Amature Lulzer
amature123123

Re: Stand up advice?

Postby Pan on Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:39 pm

I'm sure someone from comedysoc would be very happy to help you!

They usually hold open mic nights where you can try out your stand up skills too
Pan

Postby Pan on Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:21 pm

You could also try the facebook group http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group ... 0582690259
Pan

Postby EllenRose on Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:20 pm

Hey! yeah we know a couple of people who are fairly experienced who can help you. We also have open mic nights where there's a huge range of abilities and experiences so you can try stuff there (I did some at our last night and it was really helpful and not too scary).

if you want to get in touch with us e-mail us at comedy@st-andrews.ac.uk and i'll send your e-mail onto some people who may help.

a good place for practice is at our improv night - it really helps develop on-the-spot material. I found it a huge help. We have one next week (thurs 23rd) so feel free to come along. we should have some of our stand up people there too.

hope that helps!

Ellen (president)
EllenRose

Postby Edhed on Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:24 pm

Hi amature Id be glad to help. Im the publicity officer on the Facebook group so drop us a message and we cud meet up!
eD
Edhed

Postby edstercw on Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:26 pm

And this is my proper username not Edhed. By the way you could get your friends to judge you, or film yourself doing a short 5min set.
edstercw

Return to Comedy Soc