Home

TheSinner.net

alexander the great costumes (oliver stones film)

This is the Deviant Noise Message Board. Topics can range from anything from music to Deviant Noise events. Check here for updates on special events Deviant Noise will be apart of, or is hosting. But don't feel the need to be limited to these topics. http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~deviant

alexander the great costumes (oliver stones film)

Postby brainchildofalexander on Mon Dec 27, 2004 9:20 pm

Are the costumes in the film historically accurate to the period of history that Alexander's regin took place in?
brainchildofalexander

Re:

Postby 989 on Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:14 pm

Yes they are as far as they can be. I remember when I was doing a latin course at kings college london ages ago the last day was a 'classics in the contemporary world' presentation which looks at films like Gladiator and Alexander as historically accurate and truthful. Well the storyline Alexander came off rather well, they had an expert american professor (sorry I cant remember the name) from Yale or MIT or some other ivy league college on set at all times to ensure everything was accurate. His part in the contract was that he would do it only if he was allowed to ride in one of the horse charges in the movie next to Colin Farrell! N1

Return to Deviant Noise