Home

TheSinner.net

Emo band...

This is the Deviant Noise Message Board. Topics can range from anything from music to Deviant Noise events. Check here for updates on special events Deviant Noise will be apart of, or is hosting. But don't feel the need to be limited to these topics. http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~deviant

Emo band...

Postby papercutheart on Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:33 am

Hey I'm looking for people who like similar music to me who want to get together and jam....maybe start a band...I like sort of My Chemical Romance, Senses Fail, underOATH kind of stuff...I play guitar so just like leave a message if your interested....
papercutheart

Re:

Postby Lewie on Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:40 am

even though i cant pay an instrument for shit i would like to congratulate u for reaching out to the emo population of st andrews. im a first year, and so far the only thing close to an emo kid ive found is another guy who likes brand new.
Lewie

Re:

Postby papercutheart on Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:30 am

haha, seems i'm the only one looking to start such a band though. I'm in first year too. As is a guy in my flat who listens to, more or less, the same stuff as me. And seems to be somebody else on iTunes with good music. Where abouts do you stay?
papercutheart

Re:

Postby Lewie on Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:09 pm

fife park, the houses are pretty shit but its cheap! what about u?
Lewie

Re:

Postby papercutheart on Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:58 pm

DRA, the houses are immense but its expensive :P You got MSN Messenger or anything?
papercutheart

Re:

Postby Lewie on Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:08 pm

yeah ive got messenger, jim1853@hotmail.com
Lewie

Re:

Postby Fully Collapsed on Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:31 pm

I like emo too, though i can't play any instruments. I can kind of sing - in an emo way but i physically cannot scream, oh if only......

Anyone else out there like Alexisonfire, From Autumn to Ashes, Hopesfall, Coheed + Cambria etc.... There must be other emos around - my original plan to start an emo-soc would have been great though it appears now that no-one would have been interested.........

Prove me wrong people
Fully Collapsed

Re:

Postby Lewie on Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:46 pm

yeah i like alexisonfire and coheed, saw them both at reading last year and they were awesome. my fave band at the moment is atreyu but i like most emo music
Lewie

Re:

Postby Fully Collapsed on Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:43 pm

I like some Atreyu but they are quite an acquired taste - anyway there are still only three of us here - c'mon where are all the other emo fans? I can't believe you're all crying yourself to sleep in your bedrooms or writing poetry
Fully Collapsed

Lack of Emo... Why not to sit and cry alone.

Postby Fushia on Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:17 pm

Guys, come along to Deviant Noise (next Thursday - shameless plug), bring along some stuff and I'll try to get something played for you. ;) The main problem is that there *is* a severe lack of Emo kids willing to push their music out (I think it only happens very rarely) but we try to play something of everything, and we haven't had a DJ with a taste for Emo in a while. Come speak to me if you're wanting to maybe put together a set, or we'll try to get one of the regulars to work some into sets.
Personally, I have every little experience of Emo (though I did enjoy Alexisonfire when I saw them live) and the way to get music you enjoy on at Deviant is just to turn up and be enthusiastic about it, and we'll try to cater to it!
Lou (Events VP, Short, purple hair. I'm hard to miss) Look forward to seeing you there.
'Life in a box is better than no life at all, I expect. You'd have a chance, at least. You could lie there thinking, 'Well. At least I'm not dead.'
Fushia

Coheed and Cambria

Postby theshadowhost on Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:27 am

Coheed are playing in May in Glasgow, anyone want to go, i really need to get my hands on the comics :) I'll probably end up seeing them at leeds, (if they play) but i would really like to go sooner. i am trying to organise some sort of trip to go see them. oh and its on the 4th of may btw.
theshadowhost

Re:

Postby papercutheart on Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:25 pm

I'd be up for going...
papercutheart

Re:

Postby Fully Collapsed on Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:16 pm

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay - best news ever - i'd go
Fully Collapsed

Re:

Postby Lewie on Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:10 am

Yeah Id be up for going, Coheed rule!!!!!
Lewie

i've felt much better than this before...

Postby theshadowhost on Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:14 pm

My only concern before i buy a ticket for it is that its during week 11. which is the last week of the semester before revision period. and i have 2 major comp sci practicals to do that week. and having an entire afternoon and evening off is a major nightmare.

that and i have to sort out some kind of transport
theshadowhost

Re:

Postby o_t4ng on Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:24 am

OOOOhhh Coheed.... Awesome. I am an 'emo kid' check out the personals board 'Emo Kid For sale' that's me... *sigh*

Anyway, yeh. Emo music, I play guitar (badly).

Other than that, if any of you are at Rocksoc this coming Thursday I will be DJing half of the first set (starting at 8pm) and i will be playing a bit of screamo FAFF, Thrice... So you should come along.
Tight jeans, an expensive haircut and a MySpace account does not make you emo! Go fix your eyeliner!!

[img]http://imagegen.last.fm/basic10/tracks/o_t4ng.gif[/img]
o_t4ng

Re:

Postby Fully Collapsed on Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:53 pm

I know who you are!!!!

Could you possibly possibly play some FATA - i need it so so badly in a public arena.

I hate rocksoc, though i might just come along to this one now
Fully Collapsed

Re:

Postby Lewie on Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:41 pm

I would have thought you'd be requesting some spaz-core, or maybe even some math rock....thank god you didn't
Lewie

Re:

Postby papercutheart on Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:51 pm

Oh the return of our old thread, how I loved thee.

Jim, we need to have a practice, maybe after Reading Week?!?!

Anyway, can you play some progressive technoJEWcore at RockSoc?

[hr]

papercutheart

Re:

Postby Lewie on Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:44 pm

Yeah...I felt all nostalgic when I came back to it, it's where we first met!! And yeah we're gonna get our practice on....after all we are the two most important members of the band
Lewie

Next

Return to Deviant Noise