Home

TheSinner.net

I wanna be a Deviant Noise DJ

This is the Deviant Noise Message Board. Topics can range from anything from music to Deviant Noise events. Check here for updates on special events Deviant Noise will be apart of, or is hosting. But don't feel the need to be limited to these topics. http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~deviant

I wanna be a Deviant Noise DJ

Postby curious on Sun Mar 28, 2004 7:35 pm

Is there any chance to do so for next ac/ year???
curious

Re:

Postby raxenl on Sun Mar 28, 2004 7:42 pm

[s]Unregisted User curious wrote on 15:20, 28th Mar 2004:
Is there any chance to do so for next ac/ year???

Basically, you will have to wait unitl the new committee are in place, and then talk to them about it. And they would probably tell you to ask again when you come back in September.

If you feel like a little more responsibility, why not participate in the committee yourself - that way you will have a better chance of beign able to DJ, and the society can reflect your ideas of what it should contain.

As far as I know, any member of the society has the right to DJ. But obviously you can be veto-ed by the committee.

If you want to DJ, make sure you have an idea of what you will be playing. Because you *will* be asked. Better still, make an hour-long setlist and THEN ask, showing the pre-made setlist. That way you can show what bands and songs you will actually be playing.
raxenl

Re:

Postby morena on Wed May 05, 2004 10:44 pm

We are always looking for new DJs - and especially new types of music. Email deviant@st-andrews.ac.uk and tell me what kind of music you want to play etc etc etc Alternatively come and find me at Deviant Noise tomorrow and tell me all about it.
Ellie
morena

Re:

Postby Jane Ellaway on Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:03 pm

There will also be a sign up sheet at the societies fair in September for anyone who wants to have a go! If you don't hear music you like but don't want to DJ, tell us at the fair and we'll see what we can do!
Jane Ellaway

Return to Deviant Noise