Home

TheSinner.net

my curse continues.....

This board is the forum for the University of St Andrews Poker Society. Everyone is invited to post here regarding all matters poker! Also check here for latest society news and events - Poker Society website

my curse continues.....

Postby womble chris on Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:35 pm

right, just stopped for today,

played empirepoker, lost about 20 dollars, didnt really hit any hands,

switched to pokerroom in hope of better cards, got them, milked them very well i reckonwent up 50 pretty quick, then:

all in preflop KK vs AA, 100 dollar pot, i lose with KK

all in after the flop, 77 vs QQ, flop was 37Q 180 dollar pot

i lost another 50 dollars on two pair vs someone catching running cards for a flush, and he admitted it was his stupid calling.

how can i be expected to make any money with that luck???

the 7 set vs Q set hurt most as on another table i was playing at the same time id just lost that KK vs AA and so then to hit the set 7s i couldnt belive it then for someone to have the Qs.....

i got one real bad beat on empire as well but cant remember that,

sorry for the rant but just couldnt belive it....think ill be drinking a lot at the pub tonight.....
womble chris

Re:

Postby womble chris on Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:10 pm

replying to myself....worrying...

oh boy,

having had the unlucky hands above, just before dinner i had a quick 15 mins playing, lost 70 dollars, 10 player table, 1-2, guy raised to $4 me on BB, everyone else folded as i reraised to $20
he called, flop 389 i have QQ, i go all in, he calls with...yep...99...woo hoo....

so, now on full tilt mode, down to 200 in my account i go for the $5-$10 5 player table, stay on level for a bit, the go for a mega bluff...the weak bet (and calls) i thought i smelt was actually the smell of him flopping aces....great read chris...so down to $75 in my account....then on extreme tilt mode go all in on about 5 out of 10 hands preflop to no callers (all sensible ish...ace or PP)...and then a guy raises me preflop to $10, i reraise with JQ suited to $20, he then reraises me all in, he done it a few times with a low PP, and i thought my luck must change, and it did so i double up to about 200, then got another few nice hands played well and up to 350....now im off to the pub for a few well earned drinks....enjoy....and this is my last semi-pointless post....chris....
womble chris

Debt

Postby Guest on Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:55 pm

Jees you must be running up a heavy debt. Are you loaded?

Re:

Postby womble chris on Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:15 am

nope i certainly aint loaded, although i am up with my playing so debt is on the down!
havent played much last few days but when i have ive been doing well with no real bad beats and generally good card which ive played alright.
got used to empire and now doing their NL tables of 6 max to the table max each 25 dollars, min bet $.5, a far cry from my earlier 2-4s.

ive changed my outlook bit and realising (this may sound obvious) but it really is important not to lose a lot in a short time as previously id go all guns blazing and now switched to a more conservative try to keep picking up some pots approach, especially as empirepoker players in general seem a lot worse than pokerroom.com players.

anyways, good luck all, and does anyone else what the WTP on challenge? i love the commentators myself 'oh my Vince, we've got a monster here!'
womble chris

Re:

Postby christian_harris on Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:20 pm

Vince is cool!
christian_harris

Return to Poker Society