Home

TheSinner.net

Favourite Starting Hand

This board is the forum for the University of St Andrews Poker Society. Everyone is invited to post here regarding all matters poker! Also check here for latest society news and events - Poker Society website

Favourite Starting Hand

Postby Rocky on Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:24 pm

Post your favourite starting hand here, with a reason of course.

I personally favour AA, because it's generally the only hand I will play, unless I'm on the button, or in the small blind, then I will limp with the Cowboys. After a few shandy's I may play the Ladies in late position, but reluctantly, of course.
Rocky

Re:

Postby christian_harris on Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:26 pm

I like 78 suited as a starting hand as it opens up lots of possibilities...

However, as you can all see, when playing against ROCKY you don't actually even have to look at your cards, you just raise every blind he has and take all his money, so against him my favourite starting hand is 27 (off suit naturally)...
christian_harris

Re:

Postby womble chris on Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:00 pm

other than AA, 10 10....its lucky for me, i tend to hit that set

QQ is my worst, im tempted to automatically fold for at least the next 15 years of my poker career as i reckon i win roughly 1 in 3500 times, id go all in with 23 offsuit rather than QQ

even with a flop of QQA id assume my opponent had AA and an A would turn.

hope your all playing well
womble chris

Re:

Postby Koala Boy on Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:12 pm

Hello everyone

Only just got the email about this messageboard and stuff.

lets see - I like any suited hand. Lots of people play only when they get big cards (As and Ks) but i like the odds on flushing with any suited cards. after the flop if you have four to a flush then your odds are good, otherwise you know you can fold.

And the guy who only plays bullets - seriously? I don't play online because I ain't got the bankroll, so apart from one game against a few friends where I did see AA, the only poker I've played this year has been in PokerSoc. And I haven't had bullets once. If i did, odds-on I would all-in and lose.

I'll see you all in september

Scott

[hr]
IMAGE:images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:kD6MwnrIVS0J:www.lovecorner.it/peluches/koala.jpg
Koala Boy

OMG!

Postby flanks on Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:30 am

SCOTT, GET YOUR ARSE TO A CASH GAME THAT IM IN.... a lot of money to be made out of that boy :P

As for my favourite starting hand, easy. My favourite, is whatever the guy doesnt want me to have :P
flanks

Re:

Postby christian_harris on Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:34 pm

Fortunately flanks is another player that I will play with any 2 cards, as I can outplay him with anything in my pocket :P
christian_harris

ahem?

Postby flanks on Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:49 pm

*rushes to compare tournament results against Christian*

hmmmm........................
flanks

Re:

Postby christian_harris on Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:19 am

*Thinks over marathon cash game against Jon and counts all his winnings*

:)
christian_harris

Re:

Postby flanks on Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:35 pm

yes yes, so i dropped £200 in that night, but i dont care :P

I still have more tournament wins under my belt than you will probably get in the next 10 years :P
flanks

It's on like Donkey Kong

Postby christian_harris on Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:42 pm

I'll keep notes and let you know in 10 years :)
christian_harris

Re:

Postby usrnme_h8er on Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:46 am

56 Clubs Suited...

On the flop I had a straight draw, a flush draw, and a straight flush draw. He had a full house...

The look on that boys face when I called his all in and then turned a straight flush... Mmmmmm...
usrnme_h8er

Re:

Postby womble chris on Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:32 pm

The look on that boys face when I called his all in and then turned a straight flush... Mmmmmm...
[/i]

forgot the look on the face, if i was that guy for the next 3-4 seconds after the turn i would be in shock then the rage would kick in, blood pumping so quick that my heart would literally explode, causing me immense pain and likely (well, certain) death.

anyways, let's hope that doesnt happening, as may put fellow players on that table off poker for a while as well
womble chris

Re:

Postby christian_harris on Wed Aug 04, 2004 2:36 pm

As long as I had your chips and wasn't splattered with too much of your blood I wouldn't mind too much :)
christian_harris

*blissful memories*

Postby flanks on Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:01 pm

I remember petey re raising all in against me when I had Royal Flush in hearts....

oh happy days....
flanks

Good old Petey

Postby christian_harris on Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:07 pm

Now there was a bloke that was every good player's dream :)
christian_harris

Return to Poker Society