Home

TheSinner.net

Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence

Postby Dee on Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:12 am

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... hp?id=2081

http://www.gofishpictures.com/GITS2/

So has anyone heard much about it, or maybe even seen it?

(The plot summary on Anime News Network makes it sound like it's for those who loved GitS but thought the fan service wasn't blatant enough.)
I probably don't like you, but don't take it personally. Nobody likes you.
Dee

Re:

Postby [WSD]-Deus on Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:08 pm

I've got it on my computer. just before i left my home in brussels, i saw on anime-source that Hawks had subbed it. that was the first thing i ever heard or saw about it, but i downloaded it anyway - as #1 is amazing (stand alone complex is ok). Haven't actually watched it, but the animation in it looks amazing.

edit: i might watch it tonight, then i can post afterwards telling you what i thought of it

[hr]<<[WSD] UK PAL Uber Elite>>
<<[WSD] Council>>

IMAGE:www.ibgone.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10023/deus%20-%20best.jpg

"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine! - The dead only know one thing, it is better to be alive." - Full Metal Jacket
<<[WSD] UK PAL Uber Elite>>
<<[WSD] Council>>

IMAGE:www.ibgone.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10023/deus%20-%20best.jpg

"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine! - The dead only know one thing, it is better to be alive." - Full Metal Jacket
[WSD]-Deus

Re:

Postby samus on Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:35 pm

I saw the theatrical release a couple of weeks ago. Oh. My. God. The animation is stunning. This film must be seen on a big screen to be fully appreciated. Unfortunately, like other Oshii films, it does get a little philosophically chatty. It's fine, but beware when watching it late at night, or you may find yourself dozing. Sadly, Kusanagi is not the main character in this film. She's hardly in it. Batou and his dog take centre stage. I wouldn't say that this is the best Oshii film or the best anime out there, but it is certainly worth seeing.
samus

Re:

Postby Dee on Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:42 pm

It sounds impressive - I might actually make the effort to see it if I get the chance. You wathced it yet [WSD]-Deus?

[hr]Snu... Snuffleupagus is dead?
Dee

Re:

Postby Rezo on Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:43 pm

GiTS is a bit interesting. Probably not enough to make me buy it on DVD when it comes out. Nice animation in some parts, confusing plot until it wraps itself up at the end, good action scenes where required. There is no "unfortunate" in my books when it comes to philosophy in anime. In fact, I think there is too little of that today in popular entertainment.

[hr]
Hrm, what to put here for a quote from Project Anime 1998-2003? I'll think of something eventually...
The future's bright, the future's Lord Jurika and Lady Romio - Secret Guy 5, NationStates AnimeOnDVD
Rezo

Re:

Postby Dee on Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:29 am

Feh! "Philosophy" in anime is too heavy handed in my opinion. Or at least it feels tacked on.

Especially can't stand Mary-Sue type females who give the message (usually war=bad, love=good) of the anime in some lameass flashback sequence in some idyllic natural setting with trees, blue skies, etc. If they really think there is a dearth of "war=bad, love=good" fiction perhaps they could at least make it a little more subtle or understated.

The GITS stuff is a bit better than most, but it still jars. Reminds me of Bond films with their explanations of the technology the villains are attempting acquire this time.

[hr]If you're struggling with loneliness you're not alone.
And yet you are alone. So very alone.
Dee

Return to Project Anime