Home

TheSinner.net

manga action figures

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

manga action figures

Postby paulslevin on Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:56 am

rebellion in dundee is selling manga action figures from AKIRA, TENCHI MUYO SOULTAKER, ARMITAGE and GHOST IN THE SHELL ETC last time I was in the guy in there said they would be getting T-shirts in as well and they have a catalogue you can order from for more figures. HELL if they sold DVD'S i would be set would just live in the shop
paulslevin

Re:

Postby PaddyW on Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:53 pm

Forgive my bluntness, but we've been reciveing a lot of posts that look a lot like advertisements. Which ain't allowed. Do you, in fact, go to St. Andrews University? Or work for Rebellions? Sorry to be rude and suspicious, but I'm getting a bit concerned, is all...

Patrick Welsh (Vice-president)

[hr]Stop making me repeat myself! It's bad for my health!-Duo Maxwell
Hail Ilpalazzo!
Where's the ocean's daughter? Was Peter Pan in Mordor? Do you know if Merlin did exist?
Or Frodo wore the ring? Did Corum kill the gods?
Or where's the wonderland Which young Alice had seen Or was it just a dream? I knew the answers; Now they're lost for me
PaddyW

Re:

Postby Brother Munro on Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:13 pm

Can you make the board for members only?

[hr]
Hail Ilpalazzo!
Courage and Honour!
Mmmmmmmm...... brains....
Who dares summon the allmighty Aku?!!
http://www.coronarythrombosistrust.org.uk/ Save a Heart
Courage and Honour!
http://www.everyclick.com/uk/ Search the internet Charitably
http://www.coronarythrombosistrust.org.uk Save a Heart
http://web.mac.com/brothermunro My Page of Random
Brother Munro

Re:

Postby Dee on Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:25 pm

I let it through - possibly I should have blocked it but it didn't strike me as particularly egregious.

Btw, I've left the committee and don't show up for meetings so I figure someone else might want to take over moderating the board.
I probably don't like you, but don't take it personally. Nobody likes you.
Dee

Re:

Postby Thalia on Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:44 pm

What meetings? Have we had meetings? ::panics at her disorganisation::
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Dee on Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:46 pm

[s]Thalia wrote on 17:44, 18th Jan 2005:
What meetings? Have we had meetings? ::panics at her disorganisation::

Don't panic. I meant the Monday and Tuesday night showings. To my knowledge we have not had any committee meetings in months.
I probably don't like you, but don't take it personally. Nobody likes you.
Dee

Re:

Postby samus on Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:23 pm

SPAM SPAM SPAM.

P.S. - Does this guy really mean 'anime' when he says 'manga'? The spamming is bad enough, but the ignorance is almost unforgivable. ;-)
samus

Re:

Postby fiona on Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:16 pm

SPAM SPAM SPAM.
The spamming is bad enough, but the ignorance is almost unforgivable. ;-)

The thing we all love about spam,
is not that it's jelly and ham.
It's the way that it breaks,
the otakus from fakes,
who lack sweetness and sour our yam!
:P
[hr]
"..oxygen's for losers!"-RD.
fiona

Re:

Postby PaddyW on Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:53 am

Thalia, don't worry, there have been no meetings. Should have one though.
Exactly how do we monitor the boards?

Hail Ilpalazzo!
Where's the ocean's daughter? Was Peter Pan in Mordor? Do you know if Merlin did exist?
Or where's the wonderland Which young Alice had seen Or was it just a dream? I knew the answers; Now they're lost for me
PaddyW

How to deal with spammy messages

Postby General Porkov on Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:41 am

As a former moderator of this message board, here's my experiences of how to deal with spam messages. (I'm not sure if any of these have changed)

These actions can be done by the Sinner's Admin people or by the moderator assigned to the board. The moderator should be a member of the Project Anime committee.

Unregistered users' posts have to be approved by the moderator before they appear on the board. So, a spam from an unreg'd user can be removed by the moderator and not show up on the board.
Some of the unregistered user messages I deleted were double posts and others were spam.

For a post from a registered user that is spam or inappropriate, it can be edited or deleted by the moderator. I think the moderator could also refer the issue to the Admin (by contacting him or her), who could apply sanctions to the offender's Sinner account.

In terms of restricting access to the Project Anime message board to members only, I doubt that's possible, as it's a sub-forum of the Sinner and is accessible to all users of the Sinner.
Doom Lord General Porko Porkov
Grand Dumby of Doom!
General Porkov

Re:

Postby Thalia on Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:14 pm

It should be possible to make it so that no one can post unregistered though, right? Or can you not do that for seperate message boards on the sinner? (i don't really know much about computers, i just felt like saying something ;-))
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby fiona on Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:19 am

[s]Thalia wrote on 13:14, 7th Feb 2005:
It should be possible..just felt like saying something ;-)

yeah, where's the order dammit!?-sheer madness of it!-is there no justice? etc etc :)
[hr]
fiona

Re:

Postby REBELLION CLOTHING on Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:45 pm

Hi, My brother is actually a member at st andrews and he told me about this forum. I dont know who paul slevin is (if thats his name) anyway I would request this post is deleted as I HATE spam and dont want it associated with my shop. Also I would be intrested in maybe sponsoring your club society so if you want to get in touch email me at rebellion-clothing@yahoo.co.uk CHEERS
REBELLION CLOTHING

Re:

Postby PaddyW on Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:32 pm

The request is noted, but I can't promise anything for a while. In the meantime, don't spam us or FACE THE AWESOME WRATH OF MY PSYCHO POWERS (ahem!).

Hail Ilpalazzo!
PaddyW

Return to Project Anime