Home

TheSinner.net

Howl's Moving Castle

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

Howl's Moving Castle

Postby Shandy on Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:53 pm

Anyone else seen the new Miyazaki yet, Howl's Moving Castle? If so, what did you think? Because I've heard so many mixed reviews!

I thought it was wonderful, but I haven't read the book and as I understand it the main characters are very different in the movie. Also, I guess when you look back at it, there are a shocking number of similarities to 'Spirited Away'... but I think when you're watching it you don't tend to notice :)
Shandy

Re:

Postby raheli on Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:08 pm

I haven't but I've been dying to see it; everyone seems to love it. Does it belong to the Soppy Anime category (a la Spirited Away, Mononoke Heimei, Metropolis (sp sorry))? The book is fantastic btw, by Diane Wynne Jones. Definitely read it!

Quoting Shandy from 16:53, 7th Mar 2005
Anyone else seen the new Miyazaki yet, Howl's Moving Castle? If so, what did you think? Because I've heard so many mixed reviews!

I thought it was wonderful, but I haven't read the book and as I understand it the main characters are very different in the movie. Also, I guess when you look back at it, there are a shocking number of similarities to 'Spirited Away'... but I think when you're watching it you don't tend to notice :)
Intelligence is good. I'm not very intelligent myself, but I think it's a nice idea.
raheli

Return to Project Anime