Home

TheSinner.net

We have a permanent room!

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

We have a permanent room!

Postby PaddyW on Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:55 am

Yes, we have finally reached the Promised Land (or rather, the Salad Bowl)- we're permanently returning to our true home, 'cause Sciffy booked the Salad Bowl on Tuesday's but doesn't use it, as BattleStar Galactica's on at the same time...

Anyway, Tuesday's in the Salad Bowl at 8 is the appointed time- this symmester, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (hehe, Batou is voiced by Solid Snake, how cool is that) is being shown. So now you've no excuse for not coming along and sharing in the anime goodness.

And the McIntosh Hall thingie on Sunday sounds cool- go along, everyone!

Praise be to Belldandy!

Lord Ilpallazzo

[hr]

"The truth is usually an excuse for lack of imagination." Garak
"SWORD-CHUCKS, YO!"
Where's the ocean's daughter? Was Peter Pan in Mordor? Do you know if Merlin did exist?
Or Frodo wore the ring? Did Corum kill the gods?
Or where's the wonderland Which young Alice had seen Or was it just a dream? I knew the answers; Now they're lost for me
PaddyW

Re:

Postby Rezo on Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:37 am

Congratulations on finding a new, permanent room. It's good to see the fortunes of Project Anime rising after being so swamped in the mire for so long.

You might want to consider showing a newer series next term, like Mai Hime, Mai Otome, Princess Tutu or Fate Stay Night. Give it some thought. If you can acquire them, it will be worth it.

Meanwhile, old classics like Slayers have gone down in price (Region 1). The boxed sets are available for under 30 pounds, I think. It is now cheap to improve the video library and society's collection...

Rezo,
aka Laputa
Former Project Anime member
Carrying the flag for Samus, Hunter and Porkov

[hr]

The future's bright, the future's Lord Jurika and Lady Romio - Secret Guy 5, AnimeOnDVD story
The future's bright, the future's Lord Jurika and Lady Romio - Secret Guy 5, NationStates AnimeOnDVD
Rezo

Re:

Postby defrule on Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:43 am

I don't think Mai Otome is available on DVD or video. None the less it is a great series even though it's only on the 21st episode and still airing.
defrule

Re:

Postby PaddyW on Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:39 am

Quoting Rezo from 11:37, 9th Mar 2006
Congratulations on finding a new, permanent room. It's good to see the fortunes of Project Anime rising after being so swamped in the mire for so long.

You might want to consider showing a newer series next term, like Mai Hime, Mai Otome, Princess Tutu or Fate Stay Night. Give it some thought. If you can acquire them, it will be worth it.

Meanwhile, old classics like Slayers have gone down in price (Region 1). The boxed sets are available for under 30 pounds, I think. It is now cheap to improve the video library and society's collection...

Rezo,
aka Laputa
Former Project Anime member
Carrying the flag for Samus, Hunter and Porkov

[hr]

The future's bright, the future's Lord Jurika and Lady Romio - Secret Guy 5, AnimeOnDVD story

Does rather presuppose we have any of that...

And Slayers isn't that good...

[hr]

"Clearly I lack arrogance, for that would be a flaw..."- 8-bit theatre
"I'll suffer my craving, my soul's not worth saving, so why don't you go, just leave well alone"- Iron Maiden
"The fate of destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth"- Neon Genesis Evangelion
"What I have shown you is reality. What you remember... that is the illusion."- Sephiroth
Where's the ocean's daughter? Was Peter Pan in Mordor? Do you know if Merlin did exist?
Or where's the wonderland Which young Alice had seen Or was it just a dream? I knew the answers; Now they're lost for me
PaddyW

Re:

Postby Rezo on Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:35 pm

Well, Slayers and Slayers Next played to packed audiences when the society showed it in my day. Some people seem to like it more than you.

[hr]

For the future of Anime, I pledge to serve my master... - Meister Nina Wong

The future's bright, the future's Lord Jurika and Lady Romio - Secret Guy 5, NationStates AnimeOnDVD
Rezo

Re:

Postby PaddyW on Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:29 pm

Quoting Rezo from 17:35, 16th Mar 2006
Well, Slayers and Slayers Next played to packed audiences when the society showed it in my day. Some people seem to like it more than you.

[hr]

Some people like Legend of the Overfiend...

This is apparently an age when people get sniffy at Fist of the North Star or 3x3 Eyes- spoilt these days, these kids are! (Hehehe, not really- don't hurt me!)

[hr]

"I'll suffer my craving, my soul's not worth saving, so why don't you go, just leave well alone"- Iron Maiden
"What I have shown you is reality. What you remember... that is the illusion."- Sephiroth
PaddyW

Re:

Postby samus on Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:06 pm

Yes, Slayers isn't that good.

BTW Rezo, did you actually graduate finally?

Feel free to get in touch, dude (contact info is on my website).
samus

Re:

Postby Rezo on Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:19 pm

Nice to hear from you after all this time, Samus.

Yes, I did graduate. I'm out and back in London now. Life isn't rosy for me at the moment. I think you and Porkov have the best lots out of all of us 'old-timers'.

It surprises me how long it took to 'track' everyone down online. I only found out early this month that you, Hunter and Leo are all still alive, and what's more, have online blogs.

Paddy: Strange that you mention Overfiend, as the society did hold an (un?)official showing of it - which I didn't attend. I will admit that I like a wide range of anime, and 3X3 Eyes is one of them. Mind, I do like 'high-budget' philosophical anime too, like Escaflowne, Bebop and Trigun. I appreciate quality when I see it. Case in point: any of the Studio Ghibli movies.

defrule: The London Anime Club uses a special DVD player to play 'just aired' series like Mai Otome. The organiser swears it's the most reliable player he's ever used. I don't have its details to hand, but I think that player is something the society should consider getting in the future, budgetary constraints considered. I'll see what I can do about posting the player's information here. If you get it, you can play the latest series to come out in Japan (so long as you also have a DVD burner in your PC).

[hr]

Rezo

Re:

Postby PaddyW on Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:02 pm

No Overfiend! Period!

(Why do I have to keep telling people this?!?!)

[hr]

PaddyW

Re:

Postby Roulette on Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:56 pm

A late "whoopwhoop" from one of the Giggling Lesbians.

XD

[hr]

If you're the "1337 M4574!!!111", then I'm the Weirdo in the corner playing air guitar to her iPod.
Lame, but cooler than you.
If you're the "1337 M4574!!!111", then I'm the Weirdo in the corner playing air guitar to her iPod.
Lame, but cooler than you.
Roulette

Re:

Postby Guest on Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:33 pm

No Overfiend! Period!

(Why do I have to keep telling people this?)

Return to Project Anime