Home

TheSinner.net

What to Watch?

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

What to Watch?

Postby emma on Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:33 pm

I'm relatively new to watching anime, and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what to watch!

I've seen a couple of Miyazaki films, escaflowne, excel saga, and I've just watched the ghost in the shell film. Oh, and I've seen Noir.

Thanks
emma

Re:

Postby Thalia on Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:14 pm

Watch Tsubasa Chronicle and xxxHOLiC - both by CLAMP though i think xxxHOLiC is a bit better based on the anime, but then again, the latest Tsubasa manga chapter is a shocker >_< I can't wait to see it animated, so long as they don't ruin it :-P

Then there's Naruto and Bleach, which are being discussed on the other thread. And Ah! My Goddess is ace just for the prettiness of it all.

If you don't want to watch unfinished anime, then i'd suggest Coyboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Full Metal Alchemist (though the ending disappointed me, dunno why but it just didn't feel right), Eva, RahXephon...i could go on, but i won't :-)

[hr]

The shadow proves the sunshine...
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby PaddyW on Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:00 pm

If I say Evangelion again, will people hit me?

'kay, um, Stand Alone Complex, Last Exile, Elfen Lied, Beserk spring straight to my biased mind...

[hr]

"Clearly I lack arrogance, for that would be a flaw..."- 8-bit theatre
"I'll suffer my craving, my soul's not worth saving, so why don't you go, just leave well alone"- Iron Maiden
"The fate of destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth"- Neon Genesis Evangelion
"What I have shown you is reality. What you remember... that is the illusion."- Sephiroth
Where's the ocean's daughter? Was Peter Pan in Mordor? Do you know if Merlin did exist?
Or Frodo wore the ring? Did Corum kill the gods?
Or where's the wonderland Which young Alice had seen Or was it just a dream? I knew the answers; Now they're lost for me
PaddyW

Return to Project Anime