Home

TheSinner.net

This semester

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

This semester

Postby defrule on Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:45 am

Anyone know what is going to be shown the first semester?

Did we get the Salad Bowl or have they yet to assign rooms?
defrule

Re:

Postby Thalia on Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:26 am

I vote for Darker than Black :-)

[hr]

You've been nothing but an angel every day of your life and now you wonder what it's like to be damned...
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby October on Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:09 pm

Quoting defrule from 03:45, 24th Sep 2007
Anyone know what is going to be shown the first semester?

Did we get the Salad Bowl or have they yet to assign rooms?

To answer those questions and more, I must put on my booming voice:

From 8pm Monday, The T.V Room on the top floor on the union building will be set aside for showing and enjoyment anime. For the First night only, movies will be shown, as an “introduction to Anime and what Project Anime is all about” and after that from week 2 onwards Samurai Champloo and Samurai 7 will be shown. There are also rumors and whispers that a show called Trigun may make an appearance.

Your Vice President, the herald of the Glory that is the President, has spoken.

Somewhere along the lines, I think it might have been a small mistake to give two power hungry crazy guys any sort of power.
See yous at 8.

[hr]

I never thought I be so grateful that my best friend from college went on to become the director of the CIA.
Does no-one feel that giving geeks a justification such as Article 31 a bad move? - Frank
October

Re:

Postby defrule on Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:07 pm

Just a few comments.

Did PokerSoc steal the Salad Bowl from us?

Also, although movies are nice, I think if you truely want to get people hooked to the society then a series which has excellent cliffhangers should be shown.
Movies may be nice but in the end, newer viewers will be clueless on what to look forward to next week.

Show something like DeathNote and you'll probably have a better chance of getting new members back the next week.
defrule

Re:

Postby Thalia on Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:59 pm

Who is defrule? Did you show at the movie night? We watched advent children and it was pretty ^_^

If you don't like what we're showing this semester, why don't you come along and say so? Also, I don't know why we have the TV room over the Salad Bowl, but, to be fair, we can't fill that room and never have and now that the TV room has a projector it doesn't actually make that much difference.
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby defrule on Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:06 pm

It's not like I hate what is being shown. I was merely indicating that a series would hook people much easier than a movie. Regardless, some new members came back so there's no bother.

As for who I am... I'm the quiet asian guy.
defrule

Re:

Postby Thalia on Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:44 pm

Ah. I am Caroline - i dunno if i introduced myself to you in the first week or not, my ability to remember things is useless :-P I'm the chatty girl who keeps trying to suggest sociable things ;-)

Showing roughly two series each week is usually the norm for the showings and has been since before 2003 when i first joined. The movies the first night were just to give people a chance to turn up and see if they liked the society without investing in a series.

[hr]

You've been nothing but an angel every day of your life and now you wonder what it's like to be damned...
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Jono on Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:42 pm

Ello.

Yeah; PokerSoc don't seem to want to let this whole thing lie; and have launched a new offensive! This time; by sleeping in a bin outside the Union so they could get at the room booking before us. I have no idea if this is true or not. But it would be Awesome if it were!

Luckily, this year it makes no difference; for the TV room has (finally) been furnished with a projector (YAY!)

Jon.

Humble peasant in charge of Rice and money!

[hr]

BY FIRE; BE PURGED!

http://www.myspace.com/tauntra
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Return to Project Anime