Home

TheSinner.net

Anime Recommendations

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

Anime Recommendations

Postby Thalia on Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:39 pm

Anyone recommend anime that others aren't likely to have seen?

I'd recommend Code Geass for being so awesome and having a crazy evil main character with good intentions. Character designs by CLAMP which means its rather pretty. All about a guy who's given the power to control a person once and uses said power to try and overthrow the Brittanian Empire, mainly because the emperor (his father) killed his mother and he wants to make a better world for his little sister. He almost sounds sweet, but wait till you see him in action. As an example, the first thing he does with his power is orders a group of soldiers to kill themselves :P

Also, I quite enjoyed Busou Renkin. Main character is given arms alchemy, which means he has this disk that he can use to make a big huge lance that he fights things with. It's a bit FMA meets Dragonball Z but it's entertaining. And wonderful in it's very unique choice to have a climactic battle on the moon and NOT SHOW IT but instead focus on all the other characters and how they're doing while the fight rages on :shock:
If anyone doesn't care about spoilers, this page parodies the last episode of Busou Renkin and i thought it rather funny - look at the one for episode 25 too if it entertains you
http://azureflame.wordpress.com/2007/04 ... renkin-26/

Another one, which i've mentioned before to some people is Darker than Black. One day all the stars disappear and are replaced by false stars representing contractors, people who have special powers at a certain price such as self mutilation, changing age, or drinking blood. The story originally says they're emotionless coldblooded killers and explores that while also having the story of the mystery of what happened to the main character's sister and also the mystery of his own contractor status since he seems to be different than others. I rather enjoyed this one and even the ending was quite good, though it wasn't what i expected.

Now someone else's turn ;)

PS I am now rather sad as the board told me that i am only allowed 2 smilies per post :(

EDITED because Thalia can't spell recommend and keeps wanting to put two 'c's in it. And also because i am now allowed more smilies :D
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re: Anime Recommendations

Postby Jono on Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:34 pm

In spite of two and a half years in the society, I'm still an utter anime iliterate!
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Return to Project Anime