Home

TheSinner.net

Fullmetal Alchemist 2

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

Fullmetal Alchemist 2

Postby Thalia on Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:24 am

Anyone else heard about the remake of FMA? I'm kinda suprised actually - it's not been that long since the first one finished and the manga (going at its horribly slow monthly pace) is still ongoing. But I never liked the anime ending so will be good to see them animate the manga story - i just really, really hope that they know for a fact that the manga will end before they get to a point where they need an ending for the anime :D
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re: Fullmetal Alchemist 2

Postby October on Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:43 pm

I had not heard of this.
I liked the FMA anime. It's one of the few ones that's actually brought me to tears. I guess we'll have to wait and see if it's any good.
But thanks for the heads up.
Does no-one feel that giving geeks a justification such as Article 31 a bad move? - Frank
October

Postby Ruru Hedgehog on Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:50 pm

Aaah, they can't start an FMA2! I've barely started the first one. =( I suppose that should give me an incentive to finish watching it quickly, I guess.
I'm not against this idea though; alot of people have told me - without giving too much away, of course - that they weren't exactly satisfied with how the first one ended. But I can't judge, having not seen it yet. ^^'
I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.
Ruru Hedgehog

Postby Thalia on Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:02 pm

Well the new series has started now - filler for the first episode, but it set the scene without repeating the original so i guess that was okay. The second told the backstory, though it seemed a bit rushed - ed becoming a state alchemist occured in the space of about five minutes - i know we know the story already but i'd kind of like to look at it as a series in its own right without them assuming i already know it. Maybe they'll expand on things as the series continues :)

Off to Lior in the next ep - so i'm gonna rewatch the start of the original and compare the two next week ;)
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Return to Project Anime