Home

TheSinner.net

Is the series Hellsing any good??

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

Is the series Hellsing any good??

Postby General Porkov on Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:00 pm

I am currently considering what anime DVDs I'm going to order for July. I am planning to get Nadesico DVD 4, Noir DVD 2 and Excel Saga DVD 2. Then, I noticed that another series, Hellsing, starts getting released on DVD this month.

So, I am wondering - Is the series Hellsing any good or not? I would rather get an idea first rather than order it and find that it's one of the biggest mistakes ever?

Chaos Doom Lord General Porko Porkov

How are you gentlemen?
All Your Base Are Belong To US
You Are on The Way To Destruction
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha
Doom Lord General Porko Porkov
Grand Dumby of Doom!
General Porkov

Re:

Postby Rezo on Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:57 am

Not really sure that I can help you here. I've heard that Hellsing is good, and even watched an episode. It looked interesting. But since I haven't watched the entire thing, I can't recommend it. Your best bet for reviews on the series would be to visit www.animeondvd.com and see the Review section.
The future's bright, the future's Lord Jurika and Lady Romio - Secret Guy 5, NationStates AnimeOnDVD
Rezo

its awsome

Postby zans on Wed Sep 24, 2003 10:39 pm

its cool as fuck, has a wierd but seriously cool blues/jazzy sorta soundtrack, and plenty of insane vampire action, storys pretty awsome so far, and i'd deffinatly buy the next episodes when there out, GET IT, if you like blood, the last vampire and vampire hunter d, you'd like this, some simular styles, and some nice art.
also pretty origonal in the way that everyone has a british accent
quite funny really

good film
zans

Re:

Postby Dee on Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:50 pm

I've a letter from the archbishop commanding you to.....

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry. I just loved last night's final episode. I think the badassness overload went to my head.

Watch it Porkov, with the blessings of her majesty Queen Elizabeth II. And don't forget, this is a Protestant country.

(It does seem to have a very strange view of England. Thank God there isn't a Scottish presbyterian vampire hunter thrown in there. Or have I spoken too soon?)

[hr]Oh Yes yes, I know...but it isn't all bad, is it? Not even half bad, I think you really quite enjoyed it.
I probably don't like you, but don't take it personally. Nobody likes you.
Dee

Re:

Postby samus on Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:21 pm

To be honest, I didn't think as much of Hellsing as Per and others thought of it. It was intriguing, but the way they developed it was patchy. The animation as well was very patchy at times - some parts were very well animated, and showed a lot of detail, but it got progressively worse as the series went on. Victoria wasn't as well-developed a character as she could have been. And Integral, whom I personally liked as a character, we didn't get to learn a whole lot about her. If there's a second season, I'm hoping that these points are corrected. Yes, yes, I know, Alucard is very cool, his guns are nice, he's powerful as f$ck etc. etc. But even with Alucard, the series didn't do it for me.

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust and Blood: The Last Vampire were more enjoyable to me. Especially Bloodlust.

[hr]samus
--
[s]"If people who do not understand each other understand that they do not understand each other, then they understand each other better than, not understanding each other, they do not understand that they do understand each other."
- Gustav Ichheiser[/s]
samus

Re:

Postby Dee on Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:40 pm

[s]samus wrote on 20:21, 5th Nov 2003:
To be honest, I didn't think as much of Hellsing as Per and others thought of it. It was intriguing, but the way they developed it was patchy. The animation as well was very patchy at times - some parts were very well animated, and showed a lot of detail, but it got progressively worse as the series went on. Victoria wasn't as well-developed a character as she could have been. And Integral, whom I personally liked as a character, we didn't get to learn a whole lot about her. If there's a second season, I'm hoping that these points are corrected. Yes, yes, I know, Alucard is very cool, his guns are nice, he's powerful as f$ck etc. etc. But even with Alucard, the series didn't do it for me.

We get Arucard but I guess that's "Engrish" striking again. Else we lose that most hackneyed of ploys unless someone's heard of Count Dracura.

Integra(l?) is probably my favourite of the characters I've seen in it. I kinda liked the Catholic vampire hunter though - mainly because he nailed Alucard though. :-)

The butler type might prove interesting I suppose, but I suspect he'll just be another badass who lives to kill the bad vampires.

We haven't seen that much of it yet, so I'll delay attacking it more unti lI see the rest. Then I can come to a mature and considered conclusion and slam it as hard as I can.

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust and Blood: The Last Vampire were more enjoyable to me. Especially Bloodlust.

I wasn't all that keen on Blood I'm afraid. I think the ending kind of annoyed me - the "humans are at war too" message seemed to come out of nowhere. Plus schoolgirls with big swords never did anything for me.

Bloodlust was reasonably good though. Ten times the film the original was at any rate.

[hr]
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.

- H. L. Mencken
I probably don't like you, but don't take it personally. Nobody likes you.
Dee

Return to Project Anime