Home

TheSinner.net

whats ure fav anime?

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

Re:

Postby lazyjayn on Fri Oct 24, 2003 6:09 pm

How can Boogiepop Phantom not appear anywhere else on this list? I know it's confusing, and it can drag, and I admit I spent most of the series totally lost, but still!

Also, though I blush to admit this, I adore The Irresponsible captain tyler. I know, I know. And Kaiken Phrase. Bishonen, I know.

Oh, and on the subject of anime on cable, I have noticed that here (states) there is this Action Channel thing in the far numbers of Digital cable. Not my style, usually, but they just happen to show anime at midnight, for an hour or so, between fri/sat. October has been Hellsing, November they are showing Vampire Hunter D. Dubs though, drat them.

j
lazyjayn

my fav jap animation is princesse mononoke

Postby yoda on Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:08 pm

hi im yoda,

my fav film is p/m, but i also like unayasha a fedule fairytail but iv never watched it iv only read a single copy of the comic e-mail me and we could descus more i also like to draw and plan to be an animatore.do u draw?

bobmarley@iamwasted.com
yoda

My fav anime

Postby Sesshomaru on Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:06 am

My favorite anime are Inu-yasha, Dragonball Z (and GT), Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin, TenchiMuyo, Gundamwing, Fooly Cooly,Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, and Shaman King, and Naruto!
Sesshomaru

Re:

Postby Dee on Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:03 pm

Could someone explain Inu-Yasha to me?

I keep hearing about it and a little knowledge about it would be nice.
I probably don't like you, but don't take it personally. Nobody likes you.
Dee

Re:

Postby samus on Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:55 pm

[s]Dee wrote on 12:03, 3rd Dec 2003:
Could someone explain Inu-Yasha to me?

I keep hearing about it and a little knowledge about it would be nice.

It's about this school girl who falls in an old well in her granfather/mother's farm in the country. She wakes up at the turn of the century (or further back in time, not sure) in the same location.

This girl is the reincarnation of her relative who trapped this half demon, Inu Yasha, to a tree. This relative of hers then died, and then the modern girl somehow releases Inu Yasha. But she's got some kind of magical hold or something over him. And he follows her around for some reason - maybe to kill her or something eventually. Oh and this big gem (full of power of course), gets broken, and they have to look for the pieces before the demons get them.

I guess over the course of their adventures and such, Inu Yasha is found not to be such a bad guy after all, even though he pretends to be this evil demon type guy. There's comedy and what not. It's a pretty popular series, though not quite my taste.

[hr]
samus
--
[s]"If people who do not understand each other understand that they do not understand each other, then they understand each other better than, not understanding each other, they do not understand that they do understand each other."
- Gustav Ichheiser[/s]
samus

Re:

Postby Space Gibbon on Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:11 am

My favourite series is called Gravitation. I think it's being released in the US in the next few months, but I saw it in the original Japanese fansubbed. I also like Fruits Basket. My favourite film is either Akira or Spirited Away.
Space Gibbon

Re:

Postby Dee on Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:37 am

[s]Space Gibbon wrote on 01:11, 6th Dec 2003:
My favourite film is either Akira or Spirited Away.

Feh! How can you say those two in the same breath? Come down from that fence on the right side (i.e. Spirited Away) or the flaming commences.

(Oh, and welcome to the board. ;-) )
Dee

Re:

Postby Dee on Tue Dec 09, 2003 10:42 am

Damn this thread to Hell and back. It's all your fault - or at least those who mentioned that b!**dy dog demon. I'd never have picked the book up otherwise.
Dee

Re:

Postby Captain_Spanky on Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:15 am

Hmm, Perfect Blue (very Lynch), Urotsukidoji (yes that does officialy make me a pervert) Any and all of Dragonball and Ranma 1/2

[hr]You suck, and that's just sad.
Beatrice - Darling. Dearest. Dead.
Captain_Spanky

Re:

Postby Dee on Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:13 pm

[s]Captain_Spanky wrote on 01:15, 9th Jan 2004:
Hmm, Perfect Blue (very Lynch),

Not a recommendation in itself. I remember "Dune".

Urotsukidoji (yes that does officialy make me a pervert)

As long as we're all agreed. :-)

Any and all of Dragonball and Ranma 1/2

Ranma 1/2 is another of Rumiko Takahashi's isn't it? I seem to recall "hilarious" gender bending japes, or have I made a potentially embarassing mistake?
Dee

Re:

Postby Captain_Spanky on Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:47 pm

No the japes do indeed bend many genders and indeed species. I happened to find them hillarious anyway.

[hr]
God loves you, it's just a shame about the rest of us.
Beatrice - Darling. Dearest. Dead.
Captain_Spanky

Re:

Postby Dee on Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:48 am

[s]Captain_Spanky wrote on 12:47, 10th Jan 2004:
No the japes do indeed bend many genders and indeed species. I happened to find them hillarious anyway.

Yay! I haven't even seen the series though, so for all I know the japes may be the best joke since John Major became PM.

Still, I like to think I maintain standards. :-P

[hr]
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.

- H. L. Mencken
Dee

Previous

Return to Project Anime