Home

TheSinner.net

whats ure fav anime?

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

whats ure fav anime?

Postby smilebomb123 on Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:07 pm

....my fav animes r yu yu hakusho, inuyasha, and rurouni kenshin.....
...how many people like yu yu hakusho?........
u can just call me rory........
smilebomb123

Re:

Postby Guest on Thu Jul 31, 2003 7:54 pm

Hey I love Trigun, Ranma 1/2, X, Final Fantasy, Angel Santuary, and Vampire Hunter D and more btu i forget;).

Re:

Postby samus on Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:42 pm

Escaflowne, Evangelion, Ghost in the Shell, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, My Neighbours the Yamadas, anything by Miyazaki/Takahata/Studio Ghibli, Now and Then Here and There, Rurouni Kenshin Trust/Betrayal (OAV 1), Hana Yori Dango, Brother Dear Brother, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Tenchi Muyo (1st OAV), El Hazard (1st OAV).................

[hr]- samus
samus

anime

Postby vash on Sun Aug 17, 2003 10:16 pm

gotta say trigun, dbgt, kenshin and .hack//sign. anime totaly rocks!
vash

Re:

Postby hAmo on Wed Sep 24, 2003 10:38 pm

hey no offense to the guy who said DBGT, but it aint that good, i mean its not even by Akria Tiyamora!!! So what if he made the character desings, the storys kinda bad, buts its a Dragon Ball Series so its OK

P.S. yuyu, inuyasha,flcl,cowboy bepop,Gatekepper 21,Shaman King, One picece,Naruto,Sandland, and a lot more
hAmo

My favorite anime.....

Postby Guest on Wed Sep 24, 2003 10:41 pm

Mine has to be Rurouni kenshin, the movies and the show. Ninja Scroll, Ghost in the shell, Trigun, Akira, Ronin Warriors, cowboy bebop and teknoman.

anime i like

Postby techgirl on Wed Sep 24, 2003 10:43 pm

Lupin III that is a classic anime
techgirl

Re:

Postby Shandy on Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:21 pm

Escaflowne, but I don't have a big choice as I haven't seen a lot. Would love to see kenshin.

Though it's not exactly anime, I adore Final Fantasy too, er.... unregistered user. Gotta love Squall...
Shandy

Re:

Postby Thalia on Sat Oct 11, 2003 11:39 pm

Um...yeah...not that i'm actually a member of project anime ((yeah, yeah, so i skipped being awake that day everyone went and joined societies ^^;)) but DB-GT? Are you serious? The last episode was sweet but come on...the rest of it was just a weak attempt to recreate the fan base they had for DB that they lost with the incessant fighting of DBZ (i mean come on...in *that* series they made a ten minute fight last more than ten episodes...or at least it felt like that ^^;). Not that i don't love Vegeta to pieces and think Future Trunks is way cool and adore the fact that you get to see all the kiddies grow up along the way (you don't see that often enough in cartoons or anime ^_^).

Anyway....in order to get back in topic and stop feeling like an evil intruder on a forum just here for ranting's sake...

Fave animes - OMG! (if i could draw like that i would't ever have bothered with uni ^_-); Escaflowne; Outlaw Star (whoo!); Princess Mononoke; Akira; Perfect Blue... More would probably occur to me if i gave it a chance so i won't...

Wow am i missing the sci-fi channel right now...all those anime movies being shown without me to watch them ;_;
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Shandy on Sun Oct 12, 2003 10:30 am

We're only two meetings in so far, Thalia. I'm sure if you just came along you could pay your fees once you got there...

They showed anime movies on the sci-fi channel??? How on earth did I miss them??
Shandy

Re:

Postby Dee on Sun Oct 12, 2003 1:00 pm

[s]Shandy wrote on 11:30, 12th Oct 2003:
We're only two meetings in so far, Thalia. I'm sure if you just came along you could pay your fees once you got there...

I'd second that one. Plus there's something happening at the Cinema with Project Anime in the near future. They were planning to show "Bloodlust".

This is the sequel to the abysmal (imho) Vampire Hunter D, but it is allegedly far superior to its predecessor so I'm going to give it a go.

Next week, week after - I wish I could remember when it was. This is apparently being advertised with posters. I haven't seen any posters about the place so it's presumably not next week. I seem to recall we were being asked to pay extra for this, which seem fair enough if we're getting cinema 1 but I can't remember how much.

(Memory goes with old age I'm told.)

They showed anime movies on the sci-fi channel??? How on earth did I miss them??

They don't show them that regularly, it tends to be late at night, and the ones I saw weren't all that great. They did show "Akira" a few times, although I've never been a big fan of that one myself.

Oh, and my favourite is "Spirited Away", but I have said this on another thread so I won't belabour the point.
I probably don't like you, but don't take it personally. Nobody likes you.
Dee

Re:

Postby Thalia on Sun Oct 12, 2003 1:11 pm

Sci-fi showed dubbed versions of Nadesico, Eva, Bubblegum Crisis, Perfect Blue, Dragon Half, a couple of mecha movies whose names escape me...and a whole bunch of other stuff that all escapes me ^_^ (for a while it was like one day every week they were showing something).

I might go...if you know...i feel up to giving up money to people that day ^_-
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Dee on Sun Oct 12, 2003 4:26 pm

[s]Thalia wrote on 14:11, 12th Oct 2003:
(for a while it was like one day every week they were showing something).

I must have missed that. Curse my parents for being slow adopters of technology. Don't they realise they're stunting my personal growth?
Dee

Re:

Postby Shandy on Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:01 am

The meeting tonight is at 10.30 at the Picture House (£2 each... although I don't know if members pay slightly less?). Bloodlust, then, I assume... I'm wary of this because I've read someone else not being too impressed with Vampire Hunter (could have been you somewhere else, Dee), but I was wary of Berserk at first and now I'm enjoying it.

But I'm confused. Isn't "next week, week after..." just at the usual meeting place? Or are we cinema-bound again...?

Spirited Away was amazing. Are you going to the Neo-Tokyo showing of it this Friday, Dee? I think one of the films they will be showing is SA or Laputa castle in the sky...

Aww come on, Thalia, you can give up £2, right???

Is Perfect Blue both a series and a movie? Looks interesting...
Shandy

Re:

Postby Dee on Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:57 pm

[s]Shandy wrote on 12:01, 13th Oct 2003:
The meeting tonight is at 10.30 at the Picture House (£2 each... although I don't know if members pay slightly less?). Bloodlust, then, I assume... I'm wary of this because I've read someone else not being too impressed with Vampire Hunter (could have been you somewhere else, Dee),

'twas indeed.

but I was wary of Berserk at first and now I'm enjoying it.

I still don't think Berserk is up to much but I find the subtext very funny.

But I'm confused. Isn't "next week, week after..." just at the usual meeting place? Or are we cinema-bound again...?

Confusion is contagious. Woohoo!

I was rambling - didn't know whether it was this week or next. I'm used to getting prods by e-mail telling me what I'm doing this week. Loveridge's vamoosin' and subsequent "breakdown in communications" has thrown me.

Spirited Away was amazing. Are you going to the Neo-Tokyo showing of it this Friday, Dee? I think one of the films they will be showing is SA or Laputa castle in the sky...

Spirited Away.

[Mutley]Yeah, yeah, yeah![/Mutley]

I didn't know. Perhaps I should join Neo-Tokyo after all.

(Neo-Tokyo, not Megatokyo. Doh!)
Dee

Re:

Postby Thalia on Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:10 pm

Yeah, okay...i think i could cough up two quid...although i hope it's not too long - i do have a nine o'clock class in the morning after all and it's such a long way to Fife Park ^_-
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Thalia on Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:15 pm

And as far as i know Perfect Blue's just a movie - it happened to be grouped in with series' cause that's the order i remembered them ^_^

Um...yeah... *suddenly stops to think about the rating for an anime called 'bloodlust'* How stringent is the picture house at making sure ur 18? Cos...u know...i'm not...^^;;;
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Dee on Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:17 pm

[s]Thalia wrote on 17:15, 13th Oct 2003:
And as far as i know Perfect Blue's just a movie - it happened to be grouped in with series' cause that's the order i remembered them ^_^

Um...yeah... *suddenly stops to think about the rating for an anime called 'bloodlust'* How stringent is the picture house at making sure ur 18? Cos...u know...i'm not...^^;;;

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0216651/

It's a 15 according to idmb -which is normally pretty reliable.

But if you're under 15 (i.e. one of those ghastly child prodigy types that makes the rest of us feel bad) I'll tip off the picture house myself. ;-)

[hr]
"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you."
- Jean-Paul Sartre
Dee

Re:

Postby Thalia on Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:59 pm

Okay, that's alright then, i was sure i read that there's lots of blood n stuff in bloodlust so i figured it'd've been an 18 but i guess i should've looked it up first ^_^

And no, i'm not one of those child prodigies - i'm 17, i swear i'm not ^_-

Hey, don't suppose anyone from Fife Park's a member of project anime? Then i'd have someone to walk with! :D

[hr]"Of course, it is very important to be sober when you take an exam. Many worthwhile careers in the street-cleansing, fruit-picking, and subway-guitar-playing industries have been founded on a lack of understanding of this simple fact."
---Terry Pratchett
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby FURY-161 on Sat Oct 18, 2003 2:02 pm

GitS (movie & Stand Alone Complex), Wolf's Rain, Perfect Blue and anything by Miyazaki (the guy's a genius!) or Production I.G. Also, the animatrix short "beyond" is a thing of true beauty.

Was amused by Tank Police and Gunsmith Cats too.

I myself find Akira a tad overrated (drags on for too long), but not unenjoyable, unlike some riduculous and incomprehensible bollox I've been bullied into watching by certain people...*coughUTENAsplutter*

But you've gotta take the rough with the smooth, I suppose. Thankfully anime nowadays is more and more smooth.
FURY-161

Next

Return to Project Anime