Home

TheSinner.net

I'm off to Japan in 2004

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

I'm off to Japan in 2004

Postby General Porkov on Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:40 pm

I had a nice bit of news earlier in the week with the result of a job application.

The job: A post-doc in the National Institute for Materials Science, located in Tsukuba, Ibaraki Prefecture (near to Tokyo), Japan!!

Planned Start - January 2004 for 8 months. Yay! I'm going to Japan!!! Hail Ilpalazzo!

Doom Lord General Porko Porkov
Deliverance of Peace Through Superior Firepower and Knowledge
Doom Lord General Porko Porkov
Grand Dumby of Doom!
General Porkov

Re:

Postby Leo Comerford on Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:09 pm

Sounds pretty impressive, even aside from the fact that it means a trip to Japan. Congratulations.
Leo Comerford

Re:

Postby Dee on Sat Sep 13, 2003 4:53 pm

Go you Porkov!

I don't think saying "Hail Ilpalazzo" will not endear you to your hosts though.

[hr]
"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you."
- Jean-Paul Sartre
I probably don't like you, but don't take it personally. Nobody likes you.
Dee

Re:

Postby samus on Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:29 am

That's great! I hope you enjoy it! And buy lots of anime! Can I give you a shopping list? ;P

When I was applying for a Master's I turned down the opportunity to study a 2 year MBA at the International University of Japan (2 hours by train outside of Tokyo), in favour of remaining in Britain. But I don't regret it.

[hr]samus
--
"If people who do not understand each other understand that they do not understand each other, then they understand each other better than, not understanding each other, they do not understand that they do understand each other."
- Gustav Ichheiser
samus

Re:

Postby Rezo on Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:25 am

Congratulations Porkov. Don't forget us underlings in the hierarchy when you're gone, and remember to take lots of pictures and post them on the internet so we can fawn over them.
The future's bright, the future's Lord Jurika and Lady Romio - Secret Guy 5, NationStates AnimeOnDVD
Rezo

Re:

Postby Rezo on Wed Sep 24, 2003 8:41 am

Being in Japan gives you a unique opportinity to go after rare anime merchandise such as limited edition art books or Japanese-language graphic novels and text-novels.

I wouldn't be surprised if poor you was turned into a mule for such precious objects... now here's my shopping list.
The future's bright, the future's Lord Jurika and Lady Romio - Secret Guy 5, NationStates AnimeOnDVD
Rezo

Return to Project Anime