Home

TheSinner.net

So what is scheduled for this year?

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

So what is scheduled for this year?

Postby LeopardSkinQueen on Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:53 pm

Convince a new member of your brilliance :)

[hr][s]"Frodo breathed heavily and leaned against Sam, who put his arms about him." 'Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, Book 2'
[/s]
[i:1wp3kko0]Now at midnight all the agents and the superhuman crew
Come out and round up everyone that knows more than they do
[/i:1wp3kko0]
LeopardSkinQueen

Re:

Postby Dee on Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:48 pm

[s]LeopardSkinQueen wrote on 00:53, 29th Sep 2003:

Surely someone better than myself can respond to this?

I don't know if you showed for the first meeting, but it was a real laugh and a half. We showed four episodes of Berserk (instead of 2x"Berserk" and 2x"Hellsing" as was planned - damn projector not giving red) and you could cut the sexual tension with a knife, or to be more accurate a big long sword which is not overcompensation in any way at all. Plus the opening song was to die for.

It's dangerous to make assumptions about people from their sigs but I think you'd have liked it. (Of course if you were there I'm probably sounding like a patronising jerk.)

Oh, and I've heard are that we're leaning more towards the serious angsty type anime this year rather than the fluffy fun stuff.

(I don't know how true this is so I won't go off on a tangent about it.)

Wish I knew more but I'm not on the committee. I'm sure Leo will know something more *cough*subtle hint*cough* although in fairness he's probably v. busy. I don't know if anyone else on the committee bothers with the messageboards or not.
I probably don't like you, but don't take it personally. Nobody likes you.
Dee

Re:

Postby LeopardSkinQueen on Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:53 am

[s]Dee wrote on 23:48, 30th Sep 2003:
I don't know if you showed for the first meeting, but it was a real laugh and a half.

Sadly, no. I will be next week.

We showed four episodes of Berserk (instead of 2x"Berserk" and 2x"Hellsing" as was planned - damn projector not giving red) and you could cut the sexual tension with a knife, or to be more accurate a big long sword which is not overcompensation in any way at all. Plus the opening song was to die for.

It's dangerous to make assumptions about people from their sigs but I think you'd have liked it. (Of course if you were there I'm probably sounding like a patronising jerk.)

Not at all :) Yes, I'm an out of context/subtext maniac. Its an affliction, yes, but such a good one...

Oh, and I've heard are that we're leaning more towards the serious angsty type anime this year rather than the fluffy fun stuff.

Wish I knew more but I'm not on the committee. I'm sure Leo will know something more *cough*subtle hint*cough* although in fairness he's probably v. busy. I don't know if anyone else on the committee bothers with the messageboards or not.

Angst sounds good! Thanks for taking the time to tell us what you could.

[hr]
[s]"Frodo breathed heavily and leaned against Sam, who put his arms about him." 'Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, Book 2'
[/s]
[i:1wp3kko0]Now at midnight all the agents and the superhuman crew
Come out and round up everyone that knows more than they do
[/i:1wp3kko0]
LeopardSkinQueen

Re:

Postby samus on Fri Oct 03, 2003 5:46 pm

[s]Dee wrote on 23:48, 30th Sep 2003:
[s]LeopardSkinQueen wrote on 00:53, 29th Sep 2003:[i]

[/i]

Speaking of serious anime, there's a really good series Project Anime could show. It's called "Now and Then, Here and There". It's about this kid who discovers a girl that is being chased by people from the future who believe that she is the key to winning their war against another nation. The series is from Pioneer.

Those on the committee (I don't know who you are, because I'm not there, and your website is horribly outdated. I know, because I was the last one who updated it!) should look into it, cos I think it's a superb series. I think it is only 13 episodes, so you don't have a full season's committment.

[hr]
samus
(Not a huge fan of super-fluffy anime.)
--
"If people who do not understand each other understand that they do not understand each other, then they understand each other better than, not understanding each other, they do not understand that they do understand each other."
- Gustav Ichheiser
samus

NTHT

Postby Rezo on Sat Oct 04, 2003 11:38 pm

I'll second a showing of Now and Then, Here and There. Great stuff!
The future's bright, the future's Lord Jurika and Lady Romio - Secret Guy 5, NationStates AnimeOnDVD
Rezo

Re:

Postby Dee on Sun Oct 05, 2003 3:15 pm

Well it looks sweet. I've just glanced at the webapge and the trailer.

http://www.centralparkmedia.com/ntht/

(for those unacquainted but interested)

Sadly I lack any power whatsoever (some day...) but I can try to pester people on the committee next meeting perhaps.

Regarding fluffy things, I liked "Magic Users' Club" and "Excel Saga", but perhaps these are "high quality fluff" and there's a whole collection of ghastly kitsch out there I'm not aware of. I'm not sure if "Dirge of the Stars" qualifies as fluff but if it does then perhaps this new policy is not without merits. :-)

[hr]"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you."
- Jean-Paul Sartre
I probably don't like you, but don't take it personally. Nobody likes you.
Dee

Return to Project Anime