Home

TheSinner.net

Jin-Roh - The Wolf Brigade

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

Jin-Roh - The Wolf Brigade

Postby Thalia on Fri Oct 24, 2003 5:54 pm

In case any of you don't pay attention to the calendar of events on the left of the screen, this's just a message to let you all know about the Picture House showing of Jin-Roh on Tuesday at 10.30. ^_^

Tell all of your friends and get them all to come and join in with the anime-goodness!! ^_-

[hr]"Of course, it is very important to be sober when you take an exam. Many worthwhile careers in the street-cleansing, fruit-picking, and subway-guitar-playing industries have been founded on a lack of understanding of this simple fact."
---Terry Pratchett
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

anime inspector

Postby daimyo on Tue Oct 28, 2003 12:08 pm

wow, anime at the NPH? looking forward to the show. well impressed that good things are going on in the world.
daimyo

Re:

Postby Thalia on Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:54 pm

Yep and it's all thanks to our beloved Project Anime ^_-

Of course, the NPH is showing Spirited Away next month as well but unfortunately we can't take the credit for that showing ^^;;

But hey, it's more anime-goodness and who's going to complain about that? ^_^

[hr]Jin-Roh - The Wolf Brigade!
Tuesday 28th October, 10.30pm @ the New Picture House for £2.
Brought to you by Project Anime.
^_^
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby samus on Wed Oct 29, 2003 2:24 pm

*sniffles and wipes tear from corner of eye* Ah Project Anime seems to be doing so well now! ^_^ I remember when we were just this ickle ickle club, meeting in the Chaplaincy Centre, and only four people would show up, six if it was a good night (which was the entire committee). And we had to watch on this shitty TV and VCR, and huddle around the screen so we could see the subtitles.

Now you lot have got the NPH a couple of times. That's pretty damn cool! To whom does the society owe their thanks for organising this? I was told it was Per and Phil (who I haven't met).

Jin-Roh was a good choice for the cinema. Any plans for future cinema screenings?

[hr]samus
--
[s]"If people who do not understand each other understand that they do not understand each other, then they understand each other better than, not understanding each other, they do not understand that they do understand each other."
- Gustav Ichheiser[/s]
samus

Re:

Postby Thalia on Wed Oct 29, 2003 2:47 pm

Well i've only been on the committee for just over a week so i'm not the greatest fountain of knowledge ^_-
And you *could* give the credit to Per and Phil - but where would that leave the rest of us poor committee members? :P

I'm sure there probably will be showings at the NPH in the future but no plans yet as far as i know - of course we only decided to show jin-roh a week before it was shown ^_^

^_^
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby General Porkov on Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:12 pm

So, Thalia, as you're newly on the committee, will you be the new message board admin? (You will be the third person ever to be in this position as Publicity and Info person)

Doom Lord General Porko Porkov
Deliverance of Peace Through Superior Firepower and Knowledge
Grand Dumby of Doom!
General Porkov

Re:

Postby Thalia on Wed Oct 29, 2003 10:22 pm

Nope, i'm just doing publicity - this guy Duncan's in charge of web stuff and i assume admining this site although whether or not he's aware of that i dunno (Duncan - r u out there?) - i'm just using it as an easy way to publicise events ^_-

^_^
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Dee on Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:03 am

[s]Thalia wrote on 22:22, 29th Oct 2003:
Nope, i'm just doing publicity - this guy Duncan's in charge of web stuff and i assume admining this site although whether or not he's aware of that i dunno (Duncan - r u out there?)

I bet Porkov is chuckling right now as he knows the answer to this one.

I'm not sure if I am administering the board or if I just do the website. It'd be logical I agree but I don't think the committee ever decided anything. I guess I could ask the others but I like my position being strictly ornamental. ;-)

Also I'm not sure if I can do anything until the anime secondary account is sorted out anyway. If someone knows differently please tell.

Anyhoo, I figure when I have a nefarious scheme I can use the website as a platform for it. Until then I'll confine myself to listing the people on the committee and encouraging people to pester them with requests for showings of "Legend of the Overfiend".

(I think my ornamental status is guaranteed now.)
I probably don't like you, but don't take it personally. Nobody likes you.
Dee

Re:

Postby Thalia on Thu Oct 30, 2003 7:01 pm

Ah, so this's ur username - my evil plot to oust your Sinner identity worked ^_-

And we can't have you just with an *ornamental* position - do you *know* how long it takes to put posters up in the residences? :P
I think i'm going to have to bring up the fact that you don't seem to have been provided with anything constructive to do yet just to make sure ur not just sitting at your computer twiddling your thumbs while i'm sticking posters up ^_-

Legend of the Overfiend...? *shudders at the memory of flicking through channels and finding that on on the sci-fi channel* Argh, bad memories! Bad, bad memories! >_<

[hr]A Question

A voice said, Look me in the stars
And tell me truly, men of earth,
If all the soul-and-body scars
Were not too much to pay for birth.

---Robert Frost
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby General Porkov on Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:16 am

Yes, Dee, there is a way of getting the society's University e-mail account sorted! (This is me talking from experience from when the committee lost access to it for a year, due to the previous owner of the account being AWOL) You may need to consult the committee first (that'll be for you lot to sort out)
Contact the helpdesk of LIS/ ITS and explain to them that there's a problem with the animesoc account in that the previous owner is someone who is no longer at the University.
Arrange with the committee for who will take charge of the account and get ITS to transfer command over to whoever it is. (The account owner is the one who gets to decide who has access to the account)

Deliverance of Peace Through Superior Firepower and Knowledge
Grand Dumby of Doom!
General Porkov

Re:

Postby Dee on Fri Oct 31, 2003 11:39 am

[s]General Porkov wrote on 10:16, 31st Oct 2003:
Yes, Dee, there is a way of getting the society's University e-mail account sorted! (This is me talking from experience from when the committee lost access to it for a year, due to the previous owner of the account being AWOL) You may need to consult the committee first (that'll be for you lot to sort out)
Contact the helpdesk of LIS/ ITS and explain to them that there's a problem with the animesoc account in that the previous owner is someone who is no longer at the University.
Arrange with the committee for who will take charge of the account and get ITS to transfer command over to whoever it is. (The account owner is the one who gets to decide who has access to the account)

Thanks Porkov. I think Per already has this in hand as it happens, or at least he's meant to. :-)

Now we play the waiting game....the waiting game sucks. Let's play "Hungry Hungry Hippos".

[hr]
Oh Yes yes, I know...but it isn't all bad, is it? Not even half bad, I think you really quite enjoyed it.
Dee

Re:

Postby Dee on Fri Oct 31, 2003 11:43 am

[s]Thalia wrote on 19:01, 30th Oct 2003:
Ah, so this's ur username - my evil plot to oust your Sinner identity worked ^_-

Unless I'm lying, and I've usurped the committee person's identity. :-D

And we can't have you just with an *ornamental* position - do you *know* how long it takes to put posters up in the residences? :P

No, thank God!

I think i'm going to have to bring up the fact that you don't seem to have been provided with anything constructive to do yet just to make sure ur not just sitting at your computer twiddling your thumbs while i'm sticking posters up ^_-

Curse you! How much? What is your silence going to cost me?

Legend of the Overfiend...? *shudders at the memory of flicking through channels and finding that on on the sci-fi channel* Argh, bad memories! Bad, bad memories! >_<

Hmmm...never having seen it I couldn't possibly comment. Perhaps Porkov, that afficianado of all thing Hentai ;-), can tell the board all about it.

[hr]
Oh Yes yes, I know...but it isn't all bad, is it? Not even half bad, I think you really quite enjoyed it.
Dee

Nani Nani Nani (What? What? What?)

Postby General Porkov on Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:43 pm

Dee, what's this about me being the officianado of Hentai??? We never showed any Hentai while I was Da Prez and I don't have that much in my personal anime collection (only about 8 tapes or DVDs out of about 170)
Anyway, Urotsukidoji was interesting, then it just became crap (I must have been about 21-22 when I last watched it)

Maybe I should dye my hair red, turn into a psychopathic pyromaniac, learn black magic and sent Dee straight to Jigoku or I'll just de-1337 him!!! Any objections!

BOOM!

Deploy The Doombots for Great Doom!
Grand Dumby of Doom!
General Porkov

Re:

Postby Dee on Sat Nov 01, 2003 12:25 am

[s]General Porkov wrote on 22:43, 31st Oct 2003:
Dee, what's this about me being the officianado of Hentai??? We never showed any Hentai while I was Da Prez and I don't have that much in my personal anime collection (only about 8 tapes or DVDs out of about 170)

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

Anyway, Urotsukidoji was interesting, then it just became crap (I must have been about 21-22 when I last watched it)

Oho! It's all coming out of the woodwork now.

Maybe I should dye my hair red, turn into a psychopathic pyromaniac, learn black magic and sent Dee straight to Jigoku or I'll just de-1337 him!!! Any objections!

Depends, what's Jigoku?

And I've already toned down my l337 skillz I'll have you know. My childhood dreams of being a l337 h4x0r have died.
Sniff!
Dee

What's Jigoku?

Postby General Porkov on Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:59 am

Jigoku means Hell!

Deploy every Doombot! You Know What You Doing!
Launch Doombots for Great DOOM!
Grand Dumby of Doom!
General Porkov

Re:

Postby Dee on Sat Nov 01, 2003 7:43 pm

[s]General Porkov wrote on 10:59, 1st Nov 2003:
Jigoku means Hell!

Hmmmm....maybe not.

Ok, I object to you sending me to Hell.
Dee

Re:

Postby Thalia on Sat Nov 01, 2003 8:41 pm

[s]Dee wrote on 19:43, 1st Nov 2003:
[s]General Porkov wrote on 10:59, 1st Nov 2003:[i]
Jigoku means Hell!

Hmmmm....maybe not.

Ok, I object to you sending me to Hell.
[/i]

I would too if i was you - not that *i'd* object myself, the whole use of black magic to do it actually sounds like it might make for good viewing ^_-
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Dee on Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:07 am

[s]Thalia wrote on 20:41, 1st Nov 2003:
the whole use of black magic to do it actually sounds like it might make for good viewing ^_-

But it would involve sacrificing cute fluffy puppies, like this little fella here.

IMAGE:www.puppydogweb.com/kennels/images/goldens_goldenrocks3.jpg

Look how little and sweet he is. Do you really want Porkov to kill him just to send me to Hell?

[hr]
Dee

Re:

Postby General Porkov on Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:57 pm

Now, now, Dee! You've got it all wrong!
The type of black magic I was thinking of wouldn't require the sacrificing of any animals at all!
I was thinking along the type of magic used by Black Mage in 8-bit Theatre at www.nuklearpower.com.
If any animals were involved, there may be a whole group of pigs behind me helping to cast some of the Black Magic!

Lord of Doom Brigade!
Fear the Doombots!
Grand Dumby of Doom!
General Porkov

Re:

Postby Thalia on Mon Nov 03, 2003 2:17 pm

Yay!! BM - how did you guess he was my favourite nuklear power character?? I'm totally with Porkov now - how can you deny an 8-bit theatre fan their desires to use black magic?! ^_^

"What a beautiful day! I feel completely rejuvenated. Especially in that i've got a new hadoken for the day so don't try anything especially stupid way." --BM talking to RM and Fighter

Edited cos i'm feeling soppy about puppies: Aw! It's so gorgeous! My family just got a new alsation puppy but i won't even get to see her till next Tuesday/Wednesday cos of my damned anthropology essay and you wouldn't believe how much alsations can grow in the space of a week ;_;
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Next

Return to Project Anime