Home

TheSinner.net

Flamey type post about bestest anime ever

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

Flamey type post about bestest anime ever

Postby Dee on Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:20 pm

Lots of people like Trigun, but have they realised the true subtext of this anime? I suspect not.

http://uk.geocities.com/dem3_uk/veryverygay.html

It's not very good, but it was bad idea executed in 10 minutes. I need to do some work now.
I probably don't like you, but don't take it personally. Nobody likes you.
Dee

Evil Dee

Postby General Porkov on Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:18 am

Dee, you are evil. You have defiled the name of Vash The Stampede! Ka-boom!
(So, was this you practising website design?)

Doom Lord General Porko Porkov
Deliverance of Peace Through Superior Firepower and Knowledge
Grand Dumby of Doom!
General Porkov

Re:

Postby Dee on Fri Oct 31, 2003 11:35 am

[s]General Porkov wrote on 10:18, 31st Oct 2003:
Dee, you are evil. You have defiled the name of Vash The Stampede! Ka-boom!
(So, was this you practising website design?)

I've not "defiled" him, good grief. I've just suggested an interesting interpretation of the chracter, which admittedly some prejudiced people might object to. (Oh, and possibly people who've watched the anime and know how much s$!t this is.) It actually occurred to me it'd quite interesting to see if it could have been done for IDS, but I guess that's rather a moot point now. :-)

(Yes, I was indeed reminding myself of the basics of web design - it has been a while.)

[hr]
Oh Yes yes, I know...but it isn't all bad, is it? Not even half bad, I think you really quite enjoyed it.
Dee

Re:

Postby samus on Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:55 pm

I thought as much. He's really quite camp, isn't he? ;)

Actually, having seen only 13 episodes, I don't really like Trigun. Too lighthearted for me, and Vash is too silly most of the time. But one of my friends assures me that it gets better in the second half. In fact, he says it's one of his favourite anime series.

[hr]samus
--
[s]"If people who do not understand each other understand that they do not understand each other, then they understand each other better than, not understanding each other, they do not understand that they do understand each other."
- Gustav Ichheiser[/s]
samus

Re:

Postby Milan-AC on Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:19 am

Well said Regina, I really didn't like Trigun. It made no sense. It was set up for big final episode but just fizzled out, with lil or no explaination for any of it.

Vash was pretty cool mind, but not cool in a comic way like Spike from CB.

Personally, Alucard from Hellsing is my current favorite character. Tho I do have fond memories of Allan Schzear from Escaflowne and Motoko from GITS. Ahhh the memories of 1st year.....................

Any opinions on good anime that we should show now or next year?
Milan-AC

Re:

Postby Dee on Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:38 am

I found Trigun immensely irritating most of the way through. It looks pretty, but as far as plot and characters go it's pretty vacuous.

Its dialogue was as bad as "Matrix Reloaded" a lot of the time, Vash was unbearable almost all of the time, and the final episode was indeed a flop.

Thank goodness the society also showed "Magic User's Club" or else I'd have gone home and not come back. This is mildly worrying, although not quite as much as "Revolutionary Girl Utena", say.

Other good anime to show - some people were telling me "Now and Then, Here and There" was rather good. :-)

If I ever get a DVD player I plan to pick up Hack//Sign.

I seem to recall we were planning to show Evangelion which I'm looking forward to.
Dee

Re:

Postby Thalia on Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:16 pm

Eva! Yay!
I've seen all of Eva except for the final three episodes and it's the same for Nadesico and Outlaw Star (this is what happens, boys and girls, when you get a boyfriend/girlfriend without waiting for your current anime to finish showing on tv ^_-)

Now if only we showed Nadesico and Outlaw Star as well i'd be the happiest Project Anime member in the world ^_^
(of course, to further that goal it might've helped if i'd suggested them at the committee meeting but hey, i'll see them eventually ^^;;)

[hr][s]A Question
A voice said, Look me in the stars
And tell me truly, men of earth,
If all the soul-and-body scars
Were not too much to pay for birth.
---Robert Frost[/s]
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Dee on Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:18 pm

[s]Thalia wrote on 19:16, 18th Nov 2003:
Now if only we showed Nadesico and Outlaw Star as well i'd be the happiest Project Anime member in the world ^_^
(of course, to further that goal it might've helped if i'd suggested them at the committee meeting but hey, i'll see them eventually ^^;;)

Well Leo's threatening another committee meeting so you might get to suggest them to the committee yet.

I'd be a happy bunny if they'd show "Excel Saga" again, but since they showed it last year I doubt I'll get my wish.
Dee

Re:

Postby Thalia on Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:44 pm

I haven't seen that and i can't even watch the videos they've got that we can borrow cos i don't have a video player, or a tv for that matter :P
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby samus on Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:30 pm

I think we showed 'Nadesico' a few years back - they belonged to Hunter, if I recall correctly. I sort of missed the last five or so crucial episodes, and didn't see what happened in the end, but as I wasn't a massive fan to begin with, I wasn't bothered.

I personally like 'Utena', but understand why it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. Much as I dislike 'Excel Saga' for being, again, too silly and over-the-top...

You guys should show 'Now and Then, Here and There'. Only 3 DVDs.

[hr]samus
--
[s]"If people who do not understand each other understand that they do not understand each other, then they understand each other better than, not understanding each other, they do not understand that they do understand each other."
- Gustav Ichheiser[/s]
samus

Re:

Postby samus on Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:39 pm

[s]Milan-AC wrote on 05:19, 18th Nov 2003:
Well said Regina, I really didn't like Trigun. It made no sense. It was set

ShhhHH! It's 'SAMUS'! I'm trying be all cool and in with the down-low with the message board handles, here. You're upsetting my groove, so get up with the get-down! ;P

[hr]
samus
--
- Gustav Ichheiser[/s]
samus

Re:

Postby Dee on Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:31 pm

[s]samus wrote on 16:30, 20th Nov 2003:
I personally like 'Utena', but understand why it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea.

I liked Utena too. That's what I find worrying.

Much as I dislike 'Excel Saga' for being, again, too silly and over-the-top...

Chance for flamey type post. YES!

*Takes deep breath*

What the f*** are you talkin about you luser? Excel totally r0x0rz and joo are a total luser for sayin otherwise! You're just jeluss of Excel cos she's so hot and you're not, if ure even a real girl and not jsut some guy wearin his mom's clothes!

I'll 0wnz0r ur3 455 if joo in5ul7 Excel 4g41n b1zn4tch!

:-D

You guys should show 'Now and Then, Here and There'. Only 3 DVDs.

How much do the DVDs cost? I suggested we buy it at the last meeting, but I don't think it has been bought. Possibly if I try nagging them again with more info, or else just bought them myself.

[hr]
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.

- H. L. Mencken
Dee

Re:

Postby Kriedmar on Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:39 pm

*impressed face* I haven't seen that many numbers in a word outside of a maths text book in a long time, congratulations Dee my man! :)

[hr]The reason I'm holding on to the floor of the pub is that if I let go, I shall slide off of the world.
The reason I'm holding on to the floor of the pub is that if I let go, I shall slide off of the world.
Kriedmar

Re:

Postby General Porkov on Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:25 pm

If you want to find out about Now and Then, Here and There, the evil one, Rezo would know all about it!
I ended up watching the whole 13 episodes of it when he showed me the series in multi-hour anime showings.

We showed Nadesico in 2000-2001 session and just recently, the last DVD of the region 2 version was released.

Grand Dumby of Doom!
General Porkov

Re:

Postby Dee on Sat Nov 22, 2003 3:25 pm

[s]Kriedmar wrote on 17:39, 20th Nov 2003:
*impressed face* I haven't seen that many numbers in a word outside of a maths text book in a long time, congratulations Dee my man! :)

Thankyou. I'm uncertain if this is something to be proud of, but I need some sense of achievement so this'll do. :-)

[hr]
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.

- H. L. Mencken
Dee

Re:

Postby Dee on Sat Nov 22, 2003 3:30 pm

[s]General Porkov wrote on 21:25, 20th Nov 2003:
If you want to find out about Now and Then, Here and There, the evil one, Rezo would know all about it!
I ended up watching the whole 13 episodes of it when he showed me the series in multi-hour anime showings.

Porkov, where was it you used to get anime dvds for the Society from? I've looked at a few places but I don't like buying stuff from people I know nothing about, and thought you might recommend a reliable retailer.

If Rezo's still about perhaps he could tell me where he picked up NTHT and for how much.

[hr]

- H. L. Mencken
Dee

Re:

Postby General Porkov on Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:42 pm

Well, Dee, there are two places:

A) There's United Publications, which is where I got Slayers Next. They can be located at www.up1.co.uk

B) Alternatively, there's PLAY at www.play.com. They can do region 1 and 2 anime DVDs, as well as other DVDs, games, etc. I've used them, as you can probably get anime DVDs like Nadesico, Noir or anything else released by ADV for £15 (after P&P), as opposed to some places where such DVDs can be up to £20

Grand Dumby of Doom!
General Porkov

Re:

Postby Dee on Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:35 pm

[s]General Porkov wrote on 19:42, 22nd Nov 2003:
Well, Dee, there are two places:

A) There's United Publications, which is where I got Slayers Next. They can be located at www.up1.co.uk

B) Alternatively, there's PLAY at www.play.com. They can do region 1 and 2 anime DVDs, as well as other DVDs, games, etc. I've used them, as you can probably get anime DVDs like Nadesico, Noir or anything else released by ADV for £15 (after P&P), as opposed to some places where such DVDs can be up to £20

Cheers!

Play don't have NTHT though, and United Publications are temporarily out of stock. Grrrr!

[hr]

- H. L. Mencken
Dee

Re:

Postby samus on Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:05 pm

I also know of a place that will ship HK DVDs from the US to the UK. However translation and subtitle timing is greatly suspect. You never know what you might get. I saw the first 5 or so episodes of Wolf's Rain, HK DVD, owned by one of my friends. Oh my God, the translation was fucking awful. I knew that there was some kind of depth to the anime, but the translation completely eroded any trace of that.

[hr]samus
--
- Gustav Ichheiser[/s]
samus

Re:

Postby Rezo on Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:07 pm

Dee, what have you done? (and how did you do it? I though I was holding you hostage... wait, you touched my computer terminal? You touched it? (!) ) You have defiled the living, golden treasure that is Trigun (!). Oh, you will be remembered for this... We (we?), the loyal followers of Vash the Stampede, will have our revenge by distributing select Project Anime quotes... if we can find them, that is.

Milan, you are a mystery to me. You seem to be from the same "Golden Age" of Project Anime, knowing Samus and having watched Escaflowne. But you aren't Hunter, or Leo, so... hmmm, who could you be?

I think we showed 'Nadesico' a few years back - they belonged to Hunter, if I recall correctly

I can't quite remember who's tapes they were either - they could have been mine. I do know that Hunter got his set off me, but that wasn't until a few months after he asked for them.

I'd be a happy bunny if they'd show "Excel Saga" again, but since they showed it last year I doubt I'll get my wish.

Actually they probably won't show it ever again, considering the limited budget they run on, and that I've also taken the DVD's back home with me.

"If you want to find out about Now and Then, Here and There, the evil one, Rezo would know all about it!"

Oh yes, I know *all* about it... come, come to me... I'll teach you all about Hellywood, and the M9d p0w5r of King Hamdo-sama!!! Ahem, sorry... haven't been taking my medication recently.

Porkov, where was it you used to get anime dvds for the Society from?

Me.

Speaking seriously though, I know I've contributed a lot of watching material to the society, and I was happy to do it :)

Dee, I got the NTHT dvds from United Publications. They've been very reliable and convenient. Very pricy though. But worth it, considering the shipping delays Customs will bring down on you, if you try to ship any dvds into the country.

[hr]

Disciple of Studio Ghibli
The future's bright, the future's Lord Jurika and Lady Romio - Secret Guy 5, NationStates AnimeOnDVD
Rezo

Next

Return to Project Anime