Home

TheSinner.net

Committee Visibility on the BBS

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

Committee Visibility on the BBS

Postby samus on Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:07 pm

I don’t know why I care, as I’m not even in St. Andrews, but I do. ^_^ I can only guess the identities of some of the committee members on the board, from their handles, and how they comport themselves on the BBS. The others, I don’t have a clue. It occurred to me that perhaps others who are posting might be playing the same guessing game.

As the BBS is one way (I guess until the society email gets sorted) one could conceivable get in touch with committee members outside meetings, I would like to humbly suggest that perhaps committee members could put their position in their .sig and/or their profile. It would add to accessibility and visibility. And also perhaps putting the BBS handles next to the respective name on the website when/if it ever gets updated. Not saying you have to put your real names on your profile, or your .sig, but maybe just the position you have in the society.

I realise that the BBS is currently underutilised as a communications medium, but it couldn’t hurt to let others know that there is a presence from the elected officials on the BBS, ne? Just an idea that we use on the Otakon BBS that might also be good here as well. ^_^

Oh, and as a sort of aside, did anyone ever figure out what my title was after that meeting in autumn 2002? Someone told me I had some sort of honourary position, and I thought, “Cool”, and then I was told to put a Japanese spin on it, much like our beloved Daimyo. However I admit did not complete the assignment and I hang my head in shame. I did make an attempt, and asked one of my friends about titles and ranks and such. But we couldn’t come up with anything cool-sounding.

Sorry for the long post. Ja ne!

[hr]samus
--
[s]"If people who do not understand each other understand that they do not understand each other, then they understand each other better than, not understanding each other, they do not understand that they do understand each other."
- Gustav Ichheiser[/s]
samus

Re:

Postby Thalia on Wed Nov 05, 2003 11:56 pm

Well, i'm on the committee - which is probably fairly obvious since i said that in a post not so long ago but i'm fairly new so if u wanted to ask anything about the committee or the society it's fairly likely that i won't know (although i would make an attempt to find out, i swear! ^^;;)

I will now go and add my title to my profile, just for you ^_-

[hr]A Question

A voice said, Look me in the stars
And tell me truly, men of earth,
If all the soul-and-body scars
Were not too much to pay for birth.

---Robert Frost
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Dee on Thu Nov 06, 2003 12:26 pm

Alas I know nothing of your title either. I guess Porkov or Rezo are your best bets (assuming Porkov hasn't forsworn the board lately).

Profile...grumble, grumble. Done.

[hr]For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.

- H. L. Mencken
I probably don't like you, but don't take it personally. Nobody likes you.
Dee

Re:

Postby samus on Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:39 pm

[DiGi Charat]
Waaii! I can't believe people actually listened to me, nyo! I feel special, nyo! =^_^=
[/DiGi Charat]

Ahem. Does this mean I actually made sense? ^_^; Well, anyways, good luck on your new position, Thalia. And you as well, Dee. ^_^

[hr]samus
--
[s]"If people who do not understand each other understand that they do not understand each other, then they understand each other better than, not understanding each other, they do not understand that they do understand each other."
- Gustav Ichheiser[/s]
samus

The title?

Postby General Porkov on Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:08 pm

OK, here's what happened at the Autumn 2002 EGM (From the person who chaired it as Da Prez at the time)

Regina (one of the co-founders of Project Anime) was elected unopposed as Honorary Officer [This is the title that's written on the society constitution] (Something that Dee and Thalia should have read by now as committee members, especially as their positions were probably the result of a constitutional amendment), in recognition of her contributions to the society.

I don't think anyone came up with a title, but if you want one, think one up and contact someone on the committee and they should have it duly noted (or listed on the constitution)! So, samus, you want a title - you decide! There is some democracy in the society.

Doom Lord General Porko Porkov
Lots of Doombots at my disposal! Yay!
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!
YOU ARE ON THE WAY TO DESTRUCTION!
Doom Lord General Porko Porkov
Grand Dumby of Doom!
General Porkov

Re:

Postby Dee on Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:09 pm

[s]General Porkov wrote on 20:08, 6th Nov 2003:
...the society constitution] (Something that Dee and Thalia should have read by now as committee members, especially as their positions were probably the result of a constitutional amendment)

Ouch! Touche!

I fear when I read the constitution I was too worked up about the missing semi-colon in paragraph 7 to actually take it all in. If only someone had seconded my motion for a consitutional ammendment I might have been able to take in the rest of the consitution and advise others on its contents.

As it was some git proposed setting Per on me (it might have been Hunter now that I think about it) for suggesting it and I left the constituion to fend for itself after that.

[hr]
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.

- H. L. Mencken
I probably don't like you, but don't take it personally. Nobody likes you.
Dee

Re:

Postby Thalia on Fri Nov 07, 2003 7:47 pm

There's a constitution? Really? *starts to feel unloved and pathetic* Nobody told *me* there was a constitution...
*grumble* Need more vodka *grumble*

[hr]A Question

A voice said, Look me in the stars
And tell me truly, men of earth,
If all the soul-and-body scars
Were not too much to pay for birth.

---Robert Frost
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Whatever happened to...

Postby Rezo on Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:43 pm

[s]General Porkov wrote on 20:08, 6th Nov 2003:
Regina (one of the co-founders of Project Anime) was elected unopposed as Honorary Officer

Indeed so, and it is a little late in saying this, but congratulations Samus, and thank you for all your hard work towards the society.

On another note, whatever happened to Thomas and Francis (aka Mr Hari Yuri Dango)? They've both disappeared after graduation...
The future's bright, the future's Lord Jurika and Lady Romio - Secret Guy 5, NationStates AnimeOnDVD
Rezo

Re:

Postby samus on Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:46 pm

[s]Rezo wrote on 12:43, 10th Nov 2003:
[s]General Porkov wrote on 20:08, 6th Nov 2003:[i]
Regina (one of the co-founders of Project Anime) was elected unopposed as Honorary Officer

Indeed so, and it is a little late in saying this, but congratulations Samus, and thank you for all your hard work towards the society.

Oh, thankyouverymuch! ^_^ A labour of love, it was.

On another note, whatever happened to Thomas and Francis (aka Mr Hari Yuri Dango)? They've both disappeared after graduation...

Thomas graduated? That's incredible. You know, the year that he started was my second year. I was at St. Andrews for five years, which means that Thomas has been there forEVER.

Oh, and I finally got the last volumes of Hana Yori Dango. Good stuff. My friend has it, and she loves it. Speaking of HYD - it's being released on DVD by Viz. Manga as well.

[hr]
samus
--
- Gustav Ichheiser[/s]
samus

Return to Project Anime