Home

TheSinner.net

Today's anime meeting

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

Today's anime meeting

Postby Kriedmar on Mon Nov 10, 2003 11:37 pm

So today, got up, did some psychology, was looking forward to watching some cartoons, especially hellsing, or possibly a movie if no-one was here. Went to the union and there were four of us sitting outside waiting, when I checked the room there weren't even chairs inside, according to my comittee member house mate there was something arranged but nothing appeared
The reason I'm holding on to the floor of the pub is that if I let go, I shall slide off of the world.
Kriedmar

Re:

Postby Thalia on Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:44 am

No....i said something was planned...that isn't the same thing as arranged :P

[hr][s]A Question
A voice said, Look me in the stars
And tell me truly, men of earth,
If all the soul-and-body scars
Were not too much to pay for birth.
---Robert Frost[/s]
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby samus on Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:41 pm

Is it Reading Week or something? Is that why nothing happened?

[hr]samus
--
[s]"If people who do not understand each other understand that they do not understand each other, then they understand each other better than, not understanding each other, they do not understand that they do understand each other."
- Gustav Ichheiser[/s]
samus

Re:

Postby Thalia on Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:48 pm

Yeah, it's Reading Week this week and according to Leo, Per and Phil decided to cancel it cos of a lack of interest and cos they wouldn't be there although i dunno who they asked was interested cos they didn't ask me and i'm on the committee ^^;;

But anyway...nobody emailed the members to tell them it was canceled so anyone who was here this week and turned up to check out some anime found, as Kreidmar said, an empty and dark room :-/

Luckily for me, however, i was quite happy to then go on and buy myself some alcohol to make up for it so i wasn't too bothered ^_-
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby General Porkov on Fri Nov 14, 2003 8:37 pm

It's usually been traditional for Project Anime not to show anything during Reading Week. I found that out the hard way in 2000, when I was a 1st year PG and just a society member.
In the two years that I was Da Prez (2001-2003), we didn't show anything during Reading Week.
Are there problems within the committee???

Doom Lord General Porko Porkov
Deliverance of Peace Through Superior Firepower and Knowledge
Doom Lord General Porko Porkov
Grand Dumby of Doom!
General Porkov

Re:

Postby Dee on Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:44 pm

I was not inconvenienced as I wasn't able to show up anyway, but it would have been nice to tell people the original plan such as it was had been cancelled.

Hopefully we'll get reminders going very soon, and this will cease to be a problem.
I probably don't like you, but don't take it personally. Nobody likes you.
Dee

Re:

Postby Thalia on Sat Nov 15, 2003 5:38 pm

I hope my post didn't make it sound like i was annoyed that i wasn't informed or anything - like i said, i wasn't too bothered since i was with my housemate and we went for a drink instead - although would be quite a long way into town from Fife Park to go to a meeting that doesn't happen if i didn't have anything else i could do in town that night ^_-

They did have problems with the email account for a bit back there but now that's sorted and everyone has access to it, hopefully someone'll be able to email members about what's going on and stuff and no one'll be left standing outside an empty room again ^_^
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Return to Project Anime