Home

TheSinner.net

[B]TODAY'S SUBJECT: DEE[/B]

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

TODAY'S SUBJECT: DEE

Postby Kriedmar on Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:43 pm

I've noticed a trend on this message board - Dee seems to be involved in most if not all of the conversations :) not that it's a bad thing as he generally seems to know what is going on, it's just that at the anime meetings you seem fairly quiet:)

[hr]The reason I'm holding on to the floor of the pub is that if I let go, I shall slide off of the world.
The reason I'm holding on to the floor of the pub is that if I let go, I shall slide off of the world.
Kriedmar

Re:

Postby Thalia on Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:18 pm

Oh, yay, let's psychoanalyze Dee! ^_^
If only i paid attention in my psychology lectures... ^^;;

[hr][s]A Question
A voice said, Look me in the stars
And tell me truly, men of earth,
If all the soul-and-body scars
Were not too much to pay for birth.
---Robert Frost[/s]
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Analysis of Dee

Postby General Porkov on Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:41 pm

You don't need such stuff to analyse Dee. You'd probably get a better idea of him if you look more closely in previous threads of this message board.

Doom Lord General Porko Porkov
Deliverance of Peace Through Superior Firepower and Knowledge
Doom Lord General Porko Porkov
Grand Dumby of Doom!
General Porkov

Re:

Postby Dee on Wed Nov 19, 2003 1:51 pm

Ummmm!

I've heard the unobserved life isn't worth living but I would beg to differ. Should I be flattered?

The main reasons I talk a lot on the message board are my desire to keep the board reasonably active, and that it's an excuse not to be working.

I suppose I am fairly quiet in real life - no practice at talking and a voice that doesn't carry make it an effort to talk with people who don't know me very well.

(Incidentally Kriedmar, you appear to have me at an advantange. Please say hello at the next meeting, if you would, so I know who to thank for my very own thread.)

As for my online loquaciousness, the message board is a very easy medium to talk through - my voice is not a problem and I can say everything I want to say in my rather circumlocutory fashion without stumbling when I see people's eyes beginning to glaze over.

I don't know what Porkov is on about, but then again I seldom do.

Oh, and please don't psychoanalyse me.
I probably don't like you, but don't take it personally. Nobody likes you.
Dee

Re:

Postby Thalia on Wed Nov 19, 2003 2:13 pm

Kriedmar's my housemate - the guy i always turn up with on Mondays and who felt the need to hover around and turn the lights off last Monday ^_-

And i actually find i'm more talkatve on message boards and the like as well...unless i've been drinking but i dunno if an alcohol induced talkativeness really counts ^^;;

[hr][s]A Question
A voice said, Look me in the stars
And tell me truly, men of earth,
If all the soul-and-body scars
Were not too much to pay for birth.
---Robert Frost[/s]
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Re:

Postby Kriedmar on Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:44 pm

No, i wasn't wanting to psychoanalyse the poor man, I was merely pointing out that compared to most of the rest of the committee he knows what is going on and that he has posted more on this board than all the others put together

[hr]The reason I'm holding on to the floor of the pub is that if I let go, I shall slide off of the world.
The reason I'm holding on to the floor of the pub is that if I let go, I shall slide off of the world.
Kriedmar

Re:

Postby Dee on Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:01 pm

[s]Kriedmar wrote on 16:44, 19th Nov 2003:
No, i wasn't wanting to psychoanalyse the poor man, I was merely pointing out that compared to most of the rest of the committee he knows what is going on and that he has posted more on this board than all the others put together

Heh!

The message board was really Porkov's pet project from last year. I keep with it because I like the Message Board. I guess not that many people in the society read it though so you can't really blame committee members for not bothering too much about it. I'll have to remember to start advertising it to people as I said I would.

I think the rest of the committee know what they're doing better than I do. I think this is the problem. The communications with some of the committee are extremely poor (hang on...what was my job descr....never mind) and members don't get told what's going on because most of the committee don't have access to the members list.

Once we ensure everyone on the committee can be contacted I expect the problems we've been having should evaporate. So don't worry. Project Anime's "Great Leap Forward" is in the works...

[hr]
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.

- H. L. Mencken
I probably don't like you, but don't take it personally. Nobody likes you.
Dee

Return to Project Anime