Home

TheSinner.net

DDR

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

DDR

Postby samus on Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:21 pm

Do any of you anime people play Dance Dance Revolution?

I'm wondering why the fuck the Union didn't have a machine when I was there!! >_<# I could have been a freestyling master by now, with the amount of time I used to spend in the Games Room playing Time Crisis 2 and Marvel vs. Capcom! Instead, I could have been spending my money on more worthy game such as DDR!!!

Which version of DDR is in the Games Room? I'm guessing it must be Euromix 2, unless you've got a bootleg of some sort.

This is one of my friends freestyling at a competition in Florida:

http://s93112501.onlinehome.us/GCR3/tieguypyfim.wmv

I met him in London when I started getting into DDR. I was even in a tournament there, but only for a laugh (people of all levels were welcome) - I'm not that good!!

[hr]samus

(Desperately wanting a metal dance pad!!! http://www.redoctane.com/redoctanemetalpad.html )
samus

Re:

Postby Dee on Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:45 pm

Such a device does indeed pollute the union with its presence this year. I'm afraid I haven't the faintest what version it is though.

[hr]Just-released findings from the respected, non-partisan Group Of Balanced Unbiased Scientists for Honesty (GO BUSH) cast significant doubt on the so-called "findings" of the so-called "scientists" in the so-called "scientific establishment".
I probably don't like you, but don't take it personally. Nobody likes you.
Dee

Re:

Postby Leo Comerford on Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:23 am

We have EuroMix 2, but it only arrived a few weeks ago. Before that we had EuroMix. (KE Electronics - bless 'em.) I play, but only casually - I don't own a console, and at £1 a shot I decided that I can't afford to play the arcade machine often enough to become good at it. Other society members, however, are more, um, dedicated. Richard Greene, for instance, is one of the three or so top players on our machine, and seems to be becoming quite good. As to metal pads - Ross Nicoll, who now has a disposable income and two DDR-addict flatmates, was at one point considering a return flight to the US for the sole purpose of picking up a metal pad (whether the RedOctane or the other one I can't remember). (He and his flatmates had to stop practising in the living room when the woman in the flat below noticed it was causing the plaster to fall off her kitchen ceiling.)
Leo Comerford

Re:

Postby samus on Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:35 am

Holy shit, Richard Greene and Ross Nicoll are still in St. Andrews? Will they ever leave??

Tell them I say "Hello". ^_^
samus

St. Andrews jetsam

Postby Leo Comerford on Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:48 am

Probably the day after I do. :(

Richard is starting a second degree here this September. Ross actually has a good job with the CS department, but frequently talks about leaving. I'll certainly pass on your regards.
Leo Comerford

Return to Project Anime