Home

TheSinner.net

Heartquest: Romantic Roleplaying in the Worlds of Shoujo Manga

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

Heartquest: Romantic Roleplaying in the Worlds of Shoujo Manga

Postby Dee on Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:41 pm

How many times have you found yourselves thinking if only there were a roleplaying system based on Shoujo Manga? Me neither, but apparently someone has and this is the result.

The game's homepage is here:

http://www.seraphimguard.com/hq.html

There is a review of it here:

http://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/10/10230.phtml

In the words of the reviwer, "still, it's nice to see something that is original."

This gives me a crazy idea for a society social. ^_^

[hr]Karate is a form of marital arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world.

- Dave Barry
I probably don't like you, but don't take it personally. Nobody likes you.
Dee

Re:

Postby Leo Comerford on Mon May 03, 2004 4:55 pm

Phil Cashmore now owns it. Apparently it's pretty cringeworthy.
Leo Comerford

Re:

Postby Dee on Mon May 03, 2004 5:09 pm

[s]Leo Comerford wrote on 17:55, 3rd May 2004:
Phil Cashmore now owns it. Apparently it's pretty cringeworthy.

He keeps threatening me with a Heartquest/Call of Cthulhu crossover game. All the romance of Shoujo manga, but with added tentacle fun!
Dee

Re:

Postby Thalia on Tue May 04, 2004 2:44 pm

Yeah...he was showing me both last nite although he hasn't as yet threatened to make me take part...he was just showing me the pretty pictures in Call of Cthulhu ^_^

I sometimes wonder at that boy's sanity ^_-
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Two great flavours, etc.

Postby Leo Comerford on Wed May 12, 2004 1:04 am

I like the image of Great Cthulhu with the body of a gangly, waif-thin bishounen, dressed in an evening suit, leaning serene against the trunk of a blooming sakura amid a slow, gentle torrent of blossoms.

He turns to us and smiles enigmatically. (That is to say, the tentacles wriggle seductively.) In a golden baritone, unexpectedly rich yet clear, he speaks... Something about the changing of the seasons ... a future union? (So hard to tell, the subtitles on this fansub tape are barely legible.)

...and suddenly the girl awakens gasping, fevered, cheeks streaked with tears. (Or is it a boy? So hard to tell...) He has come again. In the darkened room she lies, trembling, embracing the blankets as her mind races. (Or he and his.) When, how can they ever meet?

It's not only mad sorcerors and obsessed archaeologists who dream of R'lyeh. (The story ends in horror and metaphysical despair, but that always happens when you date an older man.)

Cracking stuff. Next up, the King in Yellow.
Leo Comerford

Re:

Postby Dee on Wed May 12, 2004 1:33 pm

lol. I didn't know you had that in you Leo.

*bows*
Dee

Return to Project Anime