Home

TheSinner.net

neon genisis (sry about my spelling)

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

neon genisis (sry about my spelling)

Postby joe on Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:28 am

does anyone know why the kid chokes askua in the end of the movie "the end of eva".?
i think its because in his "dream world he was turned down by askua and he didnt want that in real life because he wouldent be able to handle it in real life. so he was gonna kill her so he wouldent have to bear it. and he was sorta insane. well what do you think? this bothers the heck outta me!
joe

Re:

Postby Thalia on Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:11 pm

I think there are probably quite a lot of theories about EoE - it isn't exactly left with everything explained in a clear cut manner.

My boyfriend would say it was just cos Shinji's completely f**ked up and that's probably partially true - he might well have been strangling her out of fear of being rejected again - but he might also have just been trying to prove to himself that what he was experiencing was real, or he might have just been so upset and angry at everything that had happened that violence was the only response he had and Asuka was the only person there for him to take it out on.

Evangelion's never exactly been the easiest anime to explain ^^;;
"This is my story. It'll go the way I want, or I'll end it here"
--Final Fantasy X
Thalia

Return to Project Anime