Home

TheSinner.net

Anime Project Showings

Konnichi-wa! For use by members and non-members to discuss things to do with anime, manga or anything else that comes to mind. No references to hentai please - have fun!

Re:

Postby Rezo on Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:56 pm

[s]Dee wrote on 22:41, 5th Oct 2004:
Feh! I like anime that parodies other anime or mocks anime in general.

You may be surprised to hear then, that that is exactly the focus of Magical Project S. It is a parody anime... So, willing to give it a second chance?

And oh bah humbug! What's so bad about Crest of the Stars? Oh wait, that just got you started, didn't it...?

Dee, remind me - are you on the committee? If so, can you ask around about the status of life-memberships for Regina and Thomas?

[hr]

But we hacked his body to bits, burned the pieces and then urinated on the ashes. But somehow he's alive.... - michaelwb on Gauron, AnimeOnDVD forums
The future's bright, the future's Lord Jurika and Lady Romio - Secret Guy 5, NationStates AnimeOnDVD
Rezo

Re:

Postby General Porkov on Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:52 pm

Hmm, well I didn't have a problem with Crest of the Stars. However, one problem with Banner of the Stars was that you didn't manage to get the entire series in time for us to show it all. (I think you were 1 DVD short)

As for honorary life memberships, I think the honorary life membership for Regina was approved at one of the EGM's in late 2002 (my last year as Da Prez). [It was done as a constitution amendment approved without dissent (or 1 vote away from it)]
As for honorary life membership for Thomas, that would have been an issue for the previous or current committee. Dee could fill you on that, as he's meant to be the Treasurer and he should have an idea of what's in the constitution (as a member of the committee executive)

Doom Lord General Porko Porkov
Grand Dumby of Doom!
Grand Dumby of Doom!
General Porkov

Re:

Postby Dee on Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:17 am

[s]General Porkov wrote on 12:52, 1st Nov 2004:
As for honorary life membership for Thomas, that would have been an issue for the previous or current committee. Dee could fill you on that, as he's meant to be the Treasurer and he should have an idea of what's in the constitution (as a member of the committee executive)

I believe it was the previous year's committee, and although I was techincally on it as e-comms officer I was elected later in the year after this was dealt with so I don't have any special knowledge on the subject. I do not think he is, but I'm not certain.

[hr]
If you're struggling with loneliness you're not alone.
And yet you are alone. So very alone.
I probably don't like you, but don't take it personally. Nobody likes you.
Dee

Re:

Postby samus on Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:44 pm

Do we get any special powers as Honourary Life Members? Like... telepathy or something? Cos that would really come in handy.
samus

Powers of Honorary Life Membership

Postby General Porkov on Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:08 am

Unless they've changed anything since I left the University, Honorary life membership (HLM) is pretty much what it says on the tin!

It means that you are a member of the society until you either die or your 'HLM' status is revoked by a future committee or the University/ Students' Association is no more (whichever comes first).
An HLM cannot participate in votes or elections as a voter or candidate. However, the only special power of HLM is being a life member of the society for free.

Societies are not allowed to charge for HLM, primarily as a protective measure for the University/ Students' Association. The claim was that if people were given HLM for a fee and the society folded, there may be the risk that if the HLM (with paid honorary life membership) came to the Union to see the society, the Students' Association/ University could be sued. [On the grounds of having a paid membership of a defunct society]
Grand Dumby of Doom!
General Porkov

Re:

Postby Rezo on Sun Nov 14, 2004 4:03 am

You want special powers? Sure... *sets co-ordinates on the Eye of God* Have a nice trip to El Hazard, and don't forget to come back without fine art examples of their culture. In the meantime, Thomas' life membership will hopefully have been sorted out by then. Dee, can you give the President of Project Anime a gentle prod on the matter? If that doesn't work, feel free to ramp up the pain a bit.

As regarding the suing of Project Anime, I can't believe something like that would actually hold up in court. Life membership should say on the tin, "for the lifetime of the society". In other words, you get membership for as long as the society holds together, and when it expires, so does your membership. Plus, you can legally get people to sign away their right to sue in the event of a society collapse - just get them to do it before paying their membership fee.

But I digress... I would like to see the Life Membership matter sorted out by the end of the Summer semester next year (that shouldn't be too hard, should it?)

While we're at it, could you please ask the committee to consider giving Richard a Lifetime Membership as well? I feel he deserves it.

[hr]
All: As the contract of our blood stands firm... We ask that you repay us now. Of distance and measure... Of prayer... Of only the here and now... Fall, return to the darkness!

Kurako: da
Yuzu: Original
Tama: S Man!!!

All: Do our bidding! Aoi o mamoru!
The future's bright, the future's Lord Jurika and Lady Romio - Secret Guy 5, NationStates AnimeOnDVD
Rezo

Re:

Postby samus on Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:18 am

I demand that Honourary Life Members get telepathic powers. Make it so, damn it! :-P
samus

Re:

Postby Aran on Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:59 am

Quoting samus from 22:31, 6th Oct 2004
The thing is, if I remember correctly, the reason it's "Project Anime" and not the other way 'round is because there is/was a company named "Anime Projects". It just sounds way too similar.

as far as i recall it was more to do with promoting and showing anime... as in "to project". hence: Project Anime.

the fact that it also sounded like a "top secretish kinda project" was a bonus.

telepathic powers... are you reading me? over. ;)
Aran

Previous

Return to Project Anime