Home

TheSinner.net

The Criterion

Here for members and non-members alike to discuss things related to the society, its events or to pubs in general and the beer within. Come here for up-to-the-minute details of our exciting forthcoming events!

The Criterion

Postby Fawksie on Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:34 pm

First can I say I'm glad to be back in the land of real ale. I had to resort to nitrokeg Bass in the Spring and Airbrake in Belfast, and it was pish.

As I wandered briefly round the town tonight, I had a very swift glance at the Criterion. I must say, it looks rather nice. Busy too. I didn't stop in because I'm wrecked from travelling, but I'll call in tomorrow. Anyone been in yet? What beer's on offer, the same as Lafferty's?
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Re:

Postby The Dude on Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:01 pm

Quoting Fawksie from 22:34, 8th Apr 2006
First can I say I'm glad to be back in the land of real ale. I had to resort to nitrokeg Bass in the Spring and Airbrake in Belfast, and it was pish.

As I wandered briefly round the town tonight, I had a very swift glance at the Criterion. I must say, it looks rather nice. Busy too. I didn't stop in because I'm wrecked from travelling, but I'll call in tomorrow. Anyone been in yet? What beer's on offer, the same as Lafferty's?

It seems to be Lafferty's except with a british flair instead of an irish one so not bad I suppose.
The Dude

Re:

Postby garage red on Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:49 am

I wouldn't recommend the Criterion - it was the sort of place that was full of 30 year olds thinking that it was the sort of place that 20 year olds go
garage red

Re:

Postby flossy on Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:12 pm

It's all a bit clean for me... I like my pubs skanky. Which is a pity as the Criterion will be my local next year. May have to toddle along to the Tav.

[hr]

All in all, I'd say I prefer electrons to people.
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the substrate.
flossy

Re:

Postby Fawksie on Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:22 pm

Quoting flossy from 19:12, 27th Apr 2006
It's all a bit clean for me... I like my pubs skanky. Which is a pity as the Criterion will be my local next year. May have to toddle along to the Tav.

As of today I can confirm that next year, the Stables will be my local, geographically speaking. Oh woe. I'll be hoofing it up the road to the Whey Pat then.
The fox is a crafty and deceitful animal that never runs in a straight line, but only in circles.
Fawksie
Administrator

Re:

Postby Duggeh on Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:32 pm

The Stables is my local atm, upgrading to the Whey Pat next year though!

[hr]

IMAGE:www.macintyre42.plus.com/images/tb2-100.jpg
Duggeh: Master Of Ceremonies
Duggeh

Re:

Postby Frank on Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:05 am

I'm in the same relative position as Duggeh. Stables has been a fine wee pub for us to go in to, but it's a wee bit pricey for what you get. However, it is probably the nicest 'feeling' pub on the inside in the whole of St Andrews. Once you've got one of those little booths filled with folks, it's tremendous. Fantastic in fact.

It's a shame it wasn't busier! The Whey Pat is a close second though, only recently adopting it as a firm regular favourite.

The Stables is a lovely pub, just a bit pricey, everyone should go their for a pint or three.

Frank

[hr]

"There is only ever one truth. Things are always black or white, there's no such thing as a shade of grey. If you think that something is a shade of grey it simply means that you don't fully understand the situation. The truth is narrow and the path of the pursuit of truth is similarly narrow."
Frank

Return to Real Ale Society