Home

TheSinner.net

Erdinger

Here for members and non-members alike to discuss things related to the society, its events or to pubs in general and the beer within. Come here for up-to-the-minute details of our exciting forthcoming events!

Erdinger

Postby ever_nocturnal on Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:46 am

As of tonight, some limited edition Erdinger Pikantus (stronger than normal... only being sold in half pints!) is coming to the cellar... check it out!
ever_nocturnal

Re:

Postby Koala Boy on Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:22 am

It's called "pikantus". I had a glass last night.

It wasnt anything like regular Erdinger, it was dark and cloudy instead of light and cloudy and the taste was dissimilar.

It was incredibly drinkable considering its weight.

I'd had two pints of Independence in the Whey Pat before arriving in the Cellar, and went to bed shortly after that one glass of Pikantus in the Cellar.

Now I don't know whether to blame it on not having had dinner, or the beer, or a random virus, but at threeish in the morning I woke up feeling ill, and went to the bathroom in order to, for want of a better word, spew.

I'm not that much of a lightweight normally, honest!

[hr]I am Murray, the invincible demonic skull!
IMAGE:images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:kD6MwnrIVS0J:www.lovecorner.it/peluches/koala.jpg
Koala Boy

Re:

Postby Vodka_and_Tea on Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:36 am

You are that much of a lightweight!

Do you really need reminded of your 20th Birthday, and the bin in your room!
Vodka_and_Tea

Re:

Postby Koala Boy on Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:23 am

Hey that was wine, beer and at least half a bottle of Baileys that caused that particular incident
Koala Boy

Re:

Postby Dave on Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:52 pm

Erdinger Pikantus? They still threaten to serve that with a slice of lemon or lime? Or is it just me they try to do that with?
Dave

Re:

Postby The Cellar Bar on Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:12 am

[s]Unregisted User Dave wrote on 16:40, 17th Apr 2004:
Erdinger Pikantus? They still threaten to serve that with a slice of lemon or lime? Or is it just me they try to do that with?

ain't not heard of that as a usual process. But there is one guy who does drink it with a slice of lemon.

Maybe you're thinking of Hoegaarden which can be served with a slice of lemon. And someone has found a fascination for it with lime.

Come tell me about it.....I'd be interested to hear.
The Cellar Bar

Return to Real Ale Society