Home

TheSinner.net

Rocksoc Website

Welcome to the RockSoc board, it gets worse here every day... talk about RockSoc, rock music, plain rocks or other silly irrelevant drivel. All are welcome: members & non-members, of the past, present & future.

Rocksoc Website

Postby Guest on Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:11 am

Doubt this will get put up.
Whens the Rocksoc website going to be updated?

Re:

Postby Roulette on Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:14 am

Proved you wrong.

It will be updated, I'm just tackling a few computer problems and I've been ill. I know it probably feels like I'm just giving excuses and doing nothing but I have been working on it and I've been showing what I've done thus far to various people and they'll back me up on this.

Granted most of what I've done is get a layout down but conquering differences with browsers can be a large task...

[hr]

If you're the "1337 M4574!!!111", then I'm the Weirdo in the corner playing air guitar to her iPod.
Lame, but cooler than you.
If you're the "1337 M4574!!!111", then I'm the Weirdo in the corner playing air guitar to her iPod.
Roulette

Re:

Postby Darth Fanboy on Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:23 am

*backs up*

[hr]

Nobody wants to read about a single mom trying to raise a kid and keep a job. People want to read about explosions, monsters, and exploding monsters.

http://Nelson40000.bebo.com
http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37102260
Nobody wants to read about a single mom trying to raise a kid and keep a job. People want to read about explosions, monsters, and exploding monsters.

http://Nelson40000.bebo.com
http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37102260
Darth Fanboy

Re:

Postby flossy on Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:44 pm

Yay for Ellie! xxx

[hr]

www.myspace.com/rocksocfloss
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the substrate.
flossy

Re:

Postby Starla on Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:57 pm

There's also (I suspect) not a lot to update with at the moment...not until people (*ahem* like me) hand in profiles and we have some events to tell about and photos to put up...
"We all live in our Fantasy and only endure our Reality..." - R.A.Wilson
Starla

Re:

Postby Roulette on Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:38 am

Quoting Starla from 00:57, 15th Jul 2006
There's also (I suspect) not a lot to update with at the moment...not until people (*ahem* like me) hand in profiles and we have some events to tell about and photos to put up...

The ball photos have to go up but since I currently have no scanner and since what I have are all actually photos it'll have to wait until I can get to Klicks and put them on disk.

[hr]

Roulette

Re:

Postby I_am_the_Lord_of_Anus on Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:21 pm

Here's a clue...

Purple
I_am_the_Lord_of_Anus

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:56 pm

What's happening with this ellusive website? I know H was on the case...is anything in the pipeworks? I'd love to see some regular photo updates in oh 7.

[hr]

Like flames on fuel...upon power metal I drool
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby H on Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:43 am

I am on the case...problem is we still haven't managed to get the web access transferred to me...so there is absolutely nothing I can do at the moment to update the site! We did attempt to sort it out, but we kept being told that we had to go speak to this person, who would tell us to speak to this person, who would tell us to speak to a person who wasn't in that day and so on...so...hopefully I will get access to the site some time in the next few weeks...and then I may finally be able to do something!

[hr]

"I'd like to say a big FUCK OFF to anyone who says metal is dead!" Zakk Wylde 2002
"Oh, you ironic pop-rock fuck!
Don't you fuck with metal!" Devin Townsend 2006
H

Necro'd!

Postby Power Metal Dom on Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:59 pm

Yeah so what's the story on the olde RockSoc website? I know Ross has been devoured by his PhD as of late...

[hr]

Like flames on fuel...upon metal I drool
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby Roulette on Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:12 pm

Let's not get too worked up about it, aye?

I think Ross needs some slack atm, not people bugging him about a site :P

[hr]

Roulette

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:05 am

Big Gay Mage ain't bugging I think the website updating has gone without mention since Jan 2007 in fact! I'm just wondered why it is that the rocksoc website causes such anguish to all webitors in recent memory

[hr]

Like flames on fuel...upon metal I drool
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby Roulette on Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:47 pm

Because with the gallery being in such a state it needs a hell of a lot of work.

[hr]

Roulette

Re:

Postby Guest on Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:20 am

if he doesn't have the time then maybe he shouldn't have run for webitor

Re:

Postby Roulette on Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:51 pm

Quoting from 02:54, 24th Mar 2008
if he doesn't have the time then maybe he shouldn't have run for webitor

When I ran for webitor I was the ONLY ONE. And I'm assuming this was the case when Ross ran for it, because it seems to be the pattern for many a society.

I think a webitor with not much time is better than no webitor at all, huh?

Plus, it actually needs a hell of a lot more work than you can actually guage just looking at it.

[hr]

Roulette

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:07 pm

Quoting Roulette from 12:51, 28th Mar 2008
I think a webitor with not much time is better than no webitor at all, huh?

Not really, and if you knew didn't have much time you shouldn't really run for it.

If someone wants me to update the website I'd be happy to do it any time after the 7th of April.

[hr]

“ When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading”
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Jono on Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:59 am

To be fair, Webitor is pretty much the only position that really requires any practical skill that can't be learned on the job! So you've got the entire society expecting the few people with any programming experience to do stuff; even though they might not want, or have time for, the job.
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Return to Rocksoc