Home

TheSinner.net

Guitar Pwnage

Welcome to the RockSoc board, it gets worse here every day... talk about RockSoc, rock music, plain rocks or other silly irrelevant drivel. All are welcome: members & non-members, of the past, present & future.

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:00 pm

Oh aye I know Nick. And by that I mean I know he has good music taste :D I would definately re-iterate Jason Becker in Nick's list. And maybe also throw in Satriani. I love Satch because even though he can melt-faces with the best of them he sticks to beautiful composition, melody and just very soulful music. Check out "Down, Down, Down" and you'll see how such simple music can be so moving.

[hr]

Like flames on fuel...upon power metal I drool
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby H on Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:12 pm

Quoting Shredi-Knight from 19:11, 29th Jan 2007
Nick Whittle.
I've kind of stopped coming to Rocksoc recently.
Yourself?

I don't hide behind a name - I am H, and if you don't know who that is you obviously haven't been to rocksoc for a loooong time :P

[hr]

"I'd like to say a big FUCK OFF to anyone who says metal is dead!" Zakk Wylde 2002
"Oh, you ironic pop-rock fuck!
Don't you fuck with metal!" Devin Townsend 2006
H

Re:

Postby Grant on Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:17 pm

I think most of you guys would benefit from actually playing some of the guitar peices in question. Once you realise there is like, ~6 shapes people use to sweep pick with, its really very boring.

Everyone moved off speed years ago. If speed mattered, we'd all wank over Tiago Dela Vega, wolrds fastest guitarist at 38 notes /sec.

Frankly, its lame. I know its personal, but when you can actually sweep pick, it just becomes so boring to see it again and again - and to see so many arguements about it.

Im not gonna argue about who is the better guitarist, as it simply doesnt matter. You guys have probably never heard of Kirk Windstein, yet i rate him, as one of the best guitarists and musicians. its all personal.
Grant

Re:

Postby N1ck on Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:19 pm

If you like Neoclassical, check out Tony Macalpine, Vinnie Moore, Jason Becker and Chris Impellitteri. If you ask me they all write better songs + are (I'm fairly sure) faster than Yngwie.

Check this out too:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/sh ... p?t=366820
N1ck

Previous

Return to Rocksoc