Home

TheSinner.net

You have been invited to join Vote

Welcome to the RockSoc board, it gets worse here every day... talk about RockSoc, rock music, plain rocks or other silly irrelevant drivel. All are welcome: members & non-members, of the past, present & future.

You have been invited to join Vote

Postby munchingfoo on Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:14 pm

Fuck off.

Stop Sending me Invitations.

Arggggggg.

[hr]

Tired Freudian references aside - your mother played my mighty skin flute like a surf crowned sea nymph trying to rouse Poseidon from his watery slumber!
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby flossy on Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:30 pm

I always vote.

However I always RON. I find it's better that way. JOIN ME!

[hr]

Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the substrate.
flossy

Re:

Postby angel_kohaku on Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:26 pm

I'm declining them all.

Fuck off you bastards, you're clogging up my inbox.

[hr]

I may be a pretty sad case but I don't write jokes in base 13
angel_kohaku

Re:

Postby Grant on Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:27 pm

Tell me about it, im gonna crack skulls at this rate.
Grant

Re:

Postby H on Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:41 pm

As far as I see it, even if all the nicest people still get voted in, the union is still the union...thats not gonna change...so meh fuck it, INVITATION REJECTED AND TOLD WHERE TO SHOVE IT!

[hr]

"I'd like to say a big FUCK OFF to anyone who says metal is dead!" Zakk Wylde 2002
"Oh, you ironic pop-rock fuck!
Don't you fuck with metal!" Devin Townsend 2006
H

Re:

Postby angel_kohaku on Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:34 pm

Not content with inviting you to the "VOTE MEEEEEEEEE!" Group, some people are hijacking other groups which have FUCK ALL to do with a) them, b) the union and c) elections in ANY WAY whatsoever.

[hr]

angel_kohaku

Re:

Postby Power Metal Dom on Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:35 pm

I honestly don't give a toss about these elections. Though I think I'll vote for Mohawk. On the basis that he a) Has a Mohawk b) Has a nickname.

I feel very political.

[hr]

Like flames on fuel...upon metal I drool
Aren't you all entitled to your half-arsed musings...You've thought about eternity for 25 minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions...My kind have harvested the souls of a million peasants and I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your internet assembled philosophy
Power Metal Dom

Re:

Postby munchingfoo on Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:18 pm

I would suggest Rich as a far better candidate than Mohawk, but I don't really care and I doubt I will vote myself.

[hr]

Tired Freudian references aside - your mother played my mighty skin flute like a surf crowned sea nymph trying to rouse Poseidon from his watery slumber!
I'm not a large water-dwelling mammal Where did you get that preposterous hypothesis? Did Steve
munchingfoo

Re:

Postby Jono on Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:54 pm

Mohawk all the way! If you don't vote for him, you're obviously not rocksoc enough!

you don't want to risk that do you? Be a man, vote for Mohawk! All the cool kids are doing it! Roll him up and smoke im and...what the fuck? That's gotta break election rules.

and that's gotta be mea culpa!

[hr]

http://standrews.facebook.com/profile.php?id=37105376
Exclusive to The Sinnner, and all other forums.
Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Re:

Postby Starla on Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:15 pm

I did not appreciate the Rocky Horror Mohawk spam.

PS VOTE TOM.

Heh heh heh. I realise I suck.

[hr]

"We all live in our Fantasy and only endure our Reality..." - R.A.Wilson
"We all live in our Fantasy and only endure our Reality..." - R.A.Wilson
Starla

Re:

Postby Captain_Spanky on Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:16 pm

I'd rather base my vote on policies and compatancy, not haircuts. But that's just me. Plus arse-kissing is just *SO* unflattering.

[hr]

Beatrice - Darling. Dearest. Dead.
Captain_Spanky

Re:

Postby Jono on Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:20 am

whatever. As far as as I can see, mohawk's the only guy with any relavent experience (3 odd years in ents). Aside from that, If any such thing as clan loyalty exists (If nothing else, he's 'one of us'). Sticking our vested interest into a Sab position can't be a bad Idea!

[hr]

Now some people weren't happy about the content of that last post. And we can't have someone not happy. Not on the internet.
Jono

Re:

Postby Captain_Spanky on Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:07 am

"one of us"? Oh do kindly fuck off. Not because he isn't one of us, although I certainly never see him at rocksoc with any regularity, but really

"one of us"

Are you fucking 15? If you reduce things to "us vs them" you'll never get anywhere. Besides, this society is about inclusion, not exclusion. There's no "us" or "them"

Also that's still a terrible reason to vote for someone. There's another member of ents running too you know, so there goes your "only person with experiance" line. You know if you're going to try and argue, at least know what you're talking about it. And don't act like an attention starved rebellious teenager.

[hr]

Captain_Spanky

Re:

Postby angel_kohaku on Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:22 am

Purely based on the fact that most of them have resorted to shameless plugs, I shall not be voting for them.

If I vote at all I shall vote RON.

[hr]

angel_kohaku

Re:

Postby Jono on Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:45 am

Edit:

You know what? this isn't even worth it! If you're happy to piss off the ever-decreasing number of people who aren't already fucked off with your childish, snide attitude, then go right ahead! I've got better things to do than trade insults with you today!
[hr]

Jono

Re:

Postby Captain_Spanky on Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:22 pm

Hence you replied. Congratulations, you win internet. How does it feel?

[hr]

Captain_Spanky

Re:

Postby Guest on Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:19 pm

munchingfoo, why even bother starting this thread then, if you dont intend to vote.and also, why start it here and on the main message board, the rocksoc people dont need a separate one.
yeah, you can have your own opinion, but people have worked their damned hardest in these elections, just reject invites on facebook etc

Re:

look angel kok why do u always stick up for jez, youre so irritating,seriously, everytime he posts youre right there.
and that is so fucking immature saying vote RON for all of them...justdont fucking bother.

andi know this post wont get through cos youre all a bunch of arselickers...goodon you jono for saying something thats not with the crowd!

Re:

Ok so I ran and invited my entire friend list to join my group which probably pissed a few people off.
But...
I didn't send out a single message to members of the group, didn't hang outside the library or the union on election day throwing bundles of fliers at people, didn't plaster my face all over town.
And this is not because they weren't effective ways of campaigning I just didn't really want to piss everyone off.
I tried to do my campaigning by word of mouth and by a couple of my friends offering to change their facebook pictures and dutifully agreeing to being written on.

I realise this does get annoying but people are doing this because they care about the positions they are running for and are trying to get into a position to change things. Today was this first time since thursday I checked my facebook and I had 11 messages (mostly from election groups) and three group invitations. Rather than bitching and moaning we should be glad that we have people who care enough to invest so much time in trying to get elected and evolve student services.

But that is the elections over for another year. So no more spam! :)

Re:

Well, for all the people fucked off at the facebook groups, at least as many made their choices based on them.
The election rules changed, making facbook groups OK, hence the 'I'm voting for...' shite.

With the biggest turnout in something like 20 years, at the very least, it reminded people to vote and when the elections were.
It may have been the first ever facebook election, but it definitely worked.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the idea of campaigning for an election was to get your name and policies heard (all the facebook groups I've encountered listed the candidate's policies).
When you see a party political broadcast do you really think 'shameless advertising, I'm not gonna vote for them!'?

And it's not *that* hard to delete the email and click reject on the group, is it?

Next

Return to Rocksoc